Lego toy box

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenBen

New User
Ben
I made this small Lego box for my nephew for his birthday, final measurements were about 13 X 7 or so. I made it out of some scrap 3/4 pine and plywood. Lego logo was done in birch and sapele veneer. Only thing I would have done differently was to use the birch veneer on the side and back panels also so it would match up better. Finished it with 3 coats of red krylon and 3 coats of clear krylon acrylic.

DSC09058.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very cool!!!! :icon_thum How did you attach the rounds on the top? Is it hinged or a lift off lid?

Dave:)

BenBen

New User
Ben
Very cool!!!! :icon_thum How did you attach the rounds on the top? Is it hinged or a lift off lid?

Dave:)

I set up a stop on my miter saw to cut dowels to the length I found to look the best, chopped away times 35...and attached them with a dab of titebond III. I then pressed the for a few hours under a piece of plywood with some weights on it to set them in place.

The lid is hinged at the back. Closes with a magnetic catch on the inside.

Mr. Bill

New User
Bill Hinds
Looks great; I'm working on a Lego table for my grandson for his birthday in March and I think you just gave me an idea for Christmas. Well done!:icon_thum

Scwood

New User
BigJoe
Very nice!!!!I might have to build one for my son.Hope you dont mind if I borrow your idea.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice! My dad made a custom Lego table for my brother and me when we were kids. Perfect play height, with four drawers (with dividers) to store all the Lego pieces. I'm sure this is a project that will be remembered.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very nice!!!!I might have to build one for my son.Hope you dont mind if I borrow your idea.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! We can't do that here! All plans & designs on this site are copyrighted!:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;
NOT!

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Great project. :icon_thum I have a lego fanatic in my household too, might have to borrow a little of your creativity on that one.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
On second thought, the panel with the Lego logo should have been finished with Danish oil :)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
What a very nice box!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I especially like the way that you did the logo. Looks like it came directly from the manufacture with a CNC outfit!

Thanks for sharing.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS