Moving up to that MANSION I guess LMAO
90% is a bold statement. Some, sure. Carbs more. Improper fuel most of them.90% of problems on running a leaf blower are due to the carbon build-up on the spark arrestor. Remove the spark arrestor and try to see through the wire mesh. If you cannot see through it then take a blow torch (no kidding) and burn off the carbon build-up. I used the blow torch in conjunction with a pair of vise grips to hold the spark arrestor and then clamped the vise grips in a small vise as I did not want to be too close to the torch’s flame. There are YouTube videos showing this solution. Hope this resolves your issue.
I was given a Husqvarna backpack blower that "didn't run," and had sat idle for five years. Agree that cleaning the spark arrestor was key. I replaced fuel lines, spark plug and air filter and ordered a new carb. OEM carb was like $80, Chinese knockoff was $15 on Amazon. Put new carb on, non-ethanol fuel with Startron and the thing has been running like a champ for three years. Worth the $15 if you have problems in the future.Mixed up the Mechanic-in-a-Bottle per the instructions (1oz + 1 gallon of gasoline). Put it in the leafblower, ran it for 15 min. No effect. Let it sit for a few hours. Still nothing. Poured 1/2 oz directly into the leaf blower's gas tank, ran it on idle for a minute, success! I can once again open the throttle without issues. It still feels like it's slightly underpowered, but it's at least 90% of what it should be. So that's great news. Best would be to clean/ replace the carburator, but I'm happy if this thing lasts until I sell my house
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Easy fix for $4, hard to beat that.