lazy susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajabbruz

New User
Tony Abbruzzi
Good morning,
I am building a TV /satellite receiver stand that consists of a cubby for the satellite receiver and a base for the TV. The base sits atop the cubby on a low profile Lazy Susan. My dilemma is I cannot figure out how to affix the cubby to the base. The base is 12” X 18” as is the top of the cubby. The lazy susan is 6” square. If I fasten it to the cubby I would have to come down through the top of the base and I don’t see how that would adequately hold the top on, ditto if I was to come up from the bottom. The only solution that I can see is to buy a larger lazy susan that might provide easier access to the mounting holes but then it would be visible which I do not want. I know there has to be a way because I have seen furniture with low profile lazy susans. Am I missing something somewhere?

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Tony,

I'm not sure I have the whole picture. I'm guessing the cubby is a box with an open front. How thick are the walls / top of this cubby? If the material is heavy enough to support the TV, I would think it's thick enough to hold the mounting screws for the lazy suzan.

Can you post a work-in-progress photo to give us a better understanding of the problem? There's loads of folks on this site that have built entertainment centers, so someone must have come across this kind of mounting problem before.

Ray

T

toolferone

I think you will have to mount it to one (probably the bottom) than drill an access hole in the bottom so you can gain access to the lazy susan to screw the pivoting top on. Does this make sense, is it what you are talking about?

ajabbruz

New User
Tony Abbruzzi
Ray, It is not an entertainment center it is just a small TV stand for a small Tv that my wife has in the kitchen. Just picture two pieces of lumber with a lazy susan sandwitched between them with only about 1/2" clearance. The wood is 3/3" thick.

Tom, your idea may work, I'll have to check it out when I get back into my shop.

Tom & Ray thanks for the response, I appreciate it a great deal.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
What Tom describes is exactly how La-z-boy attaches swivel bases to their recliners. They drill a single, 1.5" diameter hole in the base that aligns (when the base is rotated) with the screws holding the lazy susan to the bottom of the chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS