Latest Turning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is great, your most interesting piece. Is that a Tibbetts design?

W Burton

New User
Bill
Man, oh man. That is just incredible. You do all this creative, beautiful stuff, but this one tops all the ones I have seen. That is such a great combination of wood colors. Another masterpiece.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just noticed that out of all the newer postings yours has well over 300 views and more than any other recent post. Seems like people other than myself are interested in anything that you post. Always quality work and always interesting. You continue to amaze us.

I would like to get started on the road to segmented turning. Have been inspired by the Malcolm Tibbetts chat we had in October and all of your creations. I have a lot of learning to do to get even close to what you've accomplished.

As always - great work Charlie and well appreciated by this group.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. I wish I could take credit for the design.

Phil S, No it isn't a Tibbett's design. Tom Lohman, a member of Segmented Woodturners (which Tibbett's is president of), posted a photo on the site. I tried to copy it the best I could. Google "Hal Metlitzsky" for some amazing turnings that he has done.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the suggestion Charlie!
Those are really cool - they look computer generated (like yours!) or like fire coming out of a turbocharger

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. I wish I could take credit for the design.

Phil S, No it isn't a Tibbett's design. Tom Lohman, a member of Segmented Woodturners (which Tibbett's is president of), posted a photo on the site. I tried to copy it the best I could. Google "Hal Metlitzsky" for some amazing turnings that he has done.

MagGeorge

New User
George
Incredible work on that wonderful bowl! Like the intricate patterns and the attractive wood colors used. What great talent, craftsmanship and patience you have poured into it. Excellent work!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Holy Moly,

That is Super Awesome~! I so love it & like others have said, it is my favorite piece of yours. I am guessing you did this in CAD first?

If so can I get a copy of the design, I'd love to make one similar.

Thanks for showing us your talent~! & if there was anyway that I could I would most certainly be attending your Turning Workshop in February. Loved it the first time & will always cherish it.

Sincerely,

Matthew

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Matthew,

Good to hear from you.

I used Auto Cad only to lay out the shape and figure out the ring sizes. I'm sure computer guru's could
figure out the final design.

Tom Lohman, a member of Segmented Woodturners posted a photo on the site. I tried to copy it the best I could.

Google "Hal Metlitzsky" for some amazing turnings that he has done.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Just got back from a month at 'flash-back' rehab caused by staring at the last pic :rotflm:

Fine looking piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS