Latest Harpsichord finished... I'm getting too old for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
That is crazy beautiful! It takes me 6 months to make a coffee table from a slab and 4-legs, the fact that you built that in 6 months is amazing.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
awesome work Ernie.:eusa_clap 6 1/2 monthes? It would take me 6 1/2 years and I work pretty fast.......edit to add..... mine would prolly sound like a jews harp from wally world!

Fred - we've never met, but I've read many posts describing the quality of your work and the amazingly small amount of time it takes you to produce this work. Please don't ever do any research on how to build a harpsichord. If you did, you would probably double my speed and increase the quality while you're at it.

Ernie

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Wow I did not think it would possible but you and your wife are still redefining perfection in harpsichords. Please tell me if you know how many people in the world can make such an instrument. I would guess very few and you are at the top

Thank you Phil. There are about 30 of us in the U. S. and perhaps 150 worldwide. I assure you I'm nowhere near the top - but I keep trying.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Many thanks to everyone for your kind remarks. I am constantly inspired to do better by the craftsmanship on display here at NCWW. I'm always trying to make my next instrument better than the last one, just as all of you do with your projects. That's the fun of woodworking. Sharing pictures of our accomplishments makes all of us strive to improve and that's why NCWW is such a special place. :eek:ccasion1

Ernie

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I showed this to my wife and her first comment was "That is gorgeous". I Couldn't agree more.

- Ken.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Another Earnest Miller Harpsichord masterpiece!! I saw it a few weeks ago, it looks better in person!

I'm surprised no one mentioned (so I will) the incredibly clean shop too!! :wwink::wwink::wwink::wwink: Actually, most of the time Ernie's shop is squared away.

M

McRabbet

Ernie,

Your best work to date, by far. Every once in a while I go back and watch your Octavio Musicbox Manual E-book and just marvel over the care and precision in your work. I cannot imagine doing this Double -- it is amazing and stunning. Your customer will be thrilled, I'm sure.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Ernie,
That is just amazing! And your wife's paintings are spectacular! Thanks for taking the time to post pictures.
Salem

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Ernie,

As unbelievable as it may seem, each harpsichord that you build seems better than the last one. This is stunning.

Matt

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Ernie,

Words are hard to find to describe that!! Your work and your wife's painting is amazing.

Tom Swortzel

Ben325e

New User
Ben
Just as a point of humor, I was rereading this thread and saw this down at the bottom of the page in the "similar threads" section -

Two threads - "The case is finished at last" and "The case is finished", four months apart :D :D :D

And to reiterate Alan's point - Ernies shop could double as a surgical theater compared to every other shop I've ever been to in my life!

LloydP

New User
Lloyd
Simply incredible. I am in awe! Thanks for showing us that serious craftsmen are still alive and kicking.

W Burton

New User
Bill
As a new member here, I am not familiar with your work. When I first saw the pictures of your latest harpsichord, I have to say I was pretty much speechless. I enlarged all the photos to get a better idea of the complexity and artistry, then had to show it to the wife. All I can say is, WOW!! A truly beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

My only question --- what does it sound like? I would enjoy hearing it as well as seeing it.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
As a new member here, I am not familiar with your work. When I first saw the pictures of your latest harpsichord, I have to say I was pretty much speechless. I enlarged all the photos to get a better idea of the complexity and artistry, then had to show it to the wife. All I can say is, WOW!! A truly beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

My only question --- what does it sound like? I would enjoy hearing it as well as seeing it.

Hello Bill, and welcome to NCWW. I don't have any sound files of this instrument yet, but I hope to in the near future. In 2009, I wrote a series of posts here at NCWW called "The Harpsichord Project", detailing the construction of a harpsichord. You can hear the sound files for that instrument here.

Ernie

W Burton

New User
Bill
Hello Bill, and welcome to NCWW. I don't have any sound files of this instrument yet, but I hope to in the near future. In 2009, I wrote a series of posts here at NCWW called "The Harpsichord Project", detailing the construction of a harpsichord. You can hear the sound files for that instrument here.

Ernie

Thanks for the link to the audio files from the earlier instrument. I enjoyed seeing the construction photos set to the music, and the sound is amazing. I will look forward to hearing sound files of your newest creation in the future -- thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS