Laguna LT16 HD GLOAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timf67

New User
Tim
I was too impatient to wait to coordinate the fine folks who offered to help me uload/unpack and setup my new beast of a bandsaw, so I did it myself last night! :eusa_danc This thing is a tank! :swoon: I couldn't have set this thing up myself if it weren't for the set of Zambus Carrymaster AC-300S casters I bought - probably the best accessory I could have bought.

Here are the requisite pictures - including sawdust from the first cuts. This thing (with a 1.25" carbide blade) cuts wood like it was butter, and the cut is cleaner than my table saw! I cut up an oak burl thats been sitting on my garage for several months, and looky what was inside! Should make some good pen blanks!

The Laguna LT16 HD:

Tim_Woodworking_020.jpg

Tim_Woodworking_023.jpg

The oak:
Tim_Woodworking_022.jpg

Tim_Woodworking_021.jpg

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Now that is one heck of a gloat! Nice score man! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Tim,
well Gary said it best....You suck!!! Nice saw,that blade is serious.Congrats on buying a cadillac.How much of it had to be assembled?

By the way,nice burl.That is gonna make some killer pens.Do you have a piece big enough to turn a lamp?I bet that would look great with one of those stained glass shades if you have enough.
Greg

timf67

New User
Tim
Tim,
well Gary said it best....You suck!!! Nice saw,that blade is serious.Congrats on buying a cadillac.How much of it had to be assembled?

By the way,nice burl.That is gonna make some killer pens.Do you have a piece big enough to turn a lamp?I bet that would look great with one of those stained glass shades if you have enough.
Greg

The saw comes with the table and motor loose. The problem is that the motor is wired to the magnetic starter contactor. So I had to disconnect the wiring to the contactor and fish the wiring out so I could put the motor off to the side to lighten the load. Once I got the casters on, it was a breeze to move the saw around. BTW the electrical part of this saw is first class! I also had to wire the saw to a plug and I had to take off the fence rail so I could put on the resaw master fence accessory.

As for the burl, I have a few big chunks left, but I am thinking of trying some bowls of HFs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS