Kreg precision miter gauge

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Anyone have one of these and satisfied with it?

Have always gotten by just fine with the standard miter gauge which came with my old Grizzy 10” table saw.

After cutting a bunch of miters on 7” wide stock yesterday, I was thinking of perhaps upgrading.

demondeacon

Dave
Senior User
I have one and I am not satisfied. The aluminum bar is too long at 24 inches. I cut about 8 inches off so I could also use it on my router table. In addition the machined angled pin always falls out when I hang it up. Fine Woodworking just did a review of about 15 miter gauges in the last issue. The Kreg did not fare all that well in the rankings and was towards the bottom in accuracy. The Rocker miter gage with fence extension fared much better and is on my Xmas list. That probably answers your question.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I have the Incra mitre gauge and absolutely love it. It is probably 12-years old now and is as repeatable as it gets.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've used one of the Incra miter gauges on my table saw for years. It came with two bars, a short and long. I only use the short one on the miter gauge, and turned the long bar into an extended fence for my miter saw setup. The thing I like most about the Incra gauge is the ease with which you can set it to any angle to within a half of a degree. Most of the time mine stays on 90 degrees, but it's a nice feature when you need it. Having a longer bar than the typical out-of-the-box miter gauge is nice as well, but that could be solved by screwing on a piece of wood.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Another happy Incra miter gauge owner. Mine is the Miter 1000SE and I have used it on my SawStop since 2008. I do not think they still make it. I think the current model is the 1000DH.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I have the Incra V27. You can't go wrong for $80.

1700929663194.png

I had a piece of MDF on it but eventually bought this 18" fence. I wouldn't buy it again. I paid a lot less than $47 for it back then, but now there are some really nice, versatile fences for not much more money.

1700930183554.png

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Another vote for the Incra 1000SE. Bought mine from Woodcraft (hence rebranded “Woodcraft” w/sticker) about 17 years ago. It’s been great!
IMG_6396.jpeg

HarryT

New User
Harry
I have one and I am not satisfied. The aluminum bar is too long at 24 inches. I cut about 8 inches off so I could also use it on my router table. In addition the machined angled pin always falls out when I hang it up. Fine Woodworking just did a review of about 15 miter gauges in the lastInitialll issue. The Kreg did not fare all that well in the rankings and was towards the bottom in accuracy. The Rocker miter gage with fence extension fared much better and is on my Xmas list. That probably answers your question.
this is exactly my experience- too long, pin is lost, and the guage is idle.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've used one of the Incra miter gauges on my table saw for years. It came with two bars, a short and long. I only use the short one on the miter gauge, and turned the long bar into an extended fence for my miter saw setup. The thing I like most about the Incra gauge is the ease with which you can set it to any angle to within a half of a degree. Most of the time mine stays on 90 degrees, but it's a nice feature when you need it. Having a longer bar than the typical out-of-the-box miter gauge is nice as well, but that could be solved by screwing on a piece of wood.
Ditto - It is adjustable, so be sure you get it square before you begin using it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS