Knowledge base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
This is not a perfect solution but how about scheduled group chats in the lounge? Let's say Mike Davis, Earl, and Woodartz, our turning experts, lead a group chat at 8:00 PM on the first Tuesday of the month. On the second Tuesday Sawduster, Cskipper, and PChristy do a scroll saw chat. I think you get the idea.

I like this idea a lot !!!! :icon_thum Besides leading to "targeted" discussions it would also give our much underutilized chat room some activity. :wsmile:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm not a turning expert.

I am just beginning to learn. I have only turned less than 10 bowls, 2 spoons and 3 spindles.

I said long ago the only thing I am an expert at is getting by with little or nothing. :rotflm:

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Howard Acheson (despite our disagreement over my favorite finish).

I am a Jack of a few trades and master of even less, though I do know how to stretch a dollar until it's almost bigger than a dollar...

I'm right there with you, except I'm terrible with money... Hmmmm, what could I offer advice on?

Another great suggestion Doug. You can file me in the category of "Experts on screwing things up." :rotflm:

Ahhh, there ya go, exactly what I was looking for. Add me to this list!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
My Thoughts - You pose a risk of animosity by labeling people by their expertise. I'm pretty sure if it carried out post counts will drop considerably - just some things to noodle on

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Thanks for posting your thoughts. We have no plans to do anything regarding these ideas at this time. It was just an idea. It is interesting that some people took thye idea to mean individuals would be given the label "expert". I never said that, rathe just naming people that others thought were particularly knowledgable. No titles at all. Just something to think about.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Still, when you list certain ones as very knowledgeable then it implies that others are less so.

I think it would be more helpful to list those who are willing to come help in person in certain areas. Or those who invite others to learn in their shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS