Knockdown Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOAT

New User
Theo
Due to a unamious decision, froglips liked it, I'll try posting some pictures of my knockdown workbench I recently made. If this doesn't work blame him, he told me how to do pictures.

The bench was inspired by pictures of a knockdown reloading bench made by a gun writer years ago, either Jack Lewis or Dean Grennel, can't recall and too uninclined to go look it up. I'm about to embark on some new projects and as they'd call for a lot of work with my bench sander, et al, I needed to sit and work rather than stand, my joints can't take that anymore. The top has interchangabe bases, each with a different tool bolted to one - so far, metal vise, bench belt sander, angle grinder stand, mitre saw, pounderonner, with mnore to come, including reloading base, and shooting stand. If anyone has questions on any of this I'll answer later
BENCH25.JPG

OK, got an extra of this picture, and totally in the wrong order. I don't know how to get rid of it, so it'll just stay.

. The bench was put together 100% with Titebond II, however there will be a bolt and wingnut used to hold the bases in place when used.

The is the base part, upside down, gluing legs on, glue blocks, and bracing. It came out heavier than it needed to be, but it used up a lot of leftover pieces, and it's very sturdy. The legs were balanced in place, then left overnight for the glue to set - yes that works.

Here the legs are glued on and pieces being glued along the sides to hold the seat part in position. The seat is two pieces of 1/2" ply glued together.
BENCH25.JPG

You can see the seat part here, with the column being glued together on it. Again glue blocks and bracking.

The seat part on top of the base, and the column with the completed top. The part at the back of the column keeps the tool bases in position, and in the front, closest to the worker, there is a hole that takes a bolt thru the base and column top, along with a wingnut, that will keep the base from slipping - which it not likely, but just in case.

The metal vise bolted on to its two layer tool base and on the column top as it will be used.
VISE12.JPG

World corporate headquarters and the corporate Iggle.

Iggle.jpg

And the inside of my world corporate headquarters. Happily it's just been cleaned and straightened up.
655937790115_0_ALB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS