Kitchen sliders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Ordered some of these slides on Monday from Rockler. On sale...free shipping, arrived yesterday. They are floor mounted and form the sides of the drawer. They're replacing the tired 30 year old Rubbermaid's (lower right). Those back screws are hard on an old man!

00126.JPG

View image in gallery

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Looks great, Joe. Are those the TopSlides or Accurides? I'll have to pick up a set of these for an upcoming laundry pedestal.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
They look great there, Joe!

Are the sides of the drawer integrated into the slides (metal sides?)?

I could see where getting to the extreme rear screws would be a challenge for anyone. ....The reach and available light!:BangHead:

I wonder if they would work for pantry shelves?:icon_scra:widea: Kathy has asked for better pantry arrangement for years!:confused_

Wayne

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Joe:

They look good!

Could you please give me the Item# you got from Rockler?
I got a similar thing from them, haven't used them yet...

I got: 20" BLUMOTION TANDEM SLIDE KT $29.99
They must be out-of-stock now... the item# 42261 is no good now...
Looks like they're now $19.99! What a deal! Under a different #!
Is this what you snagged too?
This looks like what I got...

If this is the same as what you got, did you have any trouble with it?
Did you use 5/8" stock with it? I have some 1/2" BB I was thinking of trying...

Thank you.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Joe, here's the Rockler # 21156.

Larry, I had a moment or two myself!

Wayne, the sides are part of the slide. Just screw in a back, front and bottom...easy part.
Now, screw the whole thing into the tiny space where it will live!

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Joe: Thank you... Yours looks a lot simpler to install than mine! :)

For our smaller kitchen cabinets (12" wide), I used regular Drawer Full Ext. Slides...
Mounted them Horizontally instead of Vertically... after a little Learning Curve, they were easy to install and THEY WORK GREAT! Wish I'd figured it out years ago! It's nice to be able to get the BACK as EASILY as the Front!

I found stuff that had been stuffed into the back for YEARS without being used!! :rotflm:

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Tarhead:

Thank you...

I don't think I have ever used their slides... Thank you for bringing them to my attention.

The Side mounts are very competitive... the Undermount, a little high, to me.

Of course, the way I used my Side-mount slides UNDER the sliding shelves was not the norm...
Each sliding shelf I installed had a "Shelf" that I was mounting the Slides to...

The Real undermount has to be able to be installed even if there is NO SHELF there... LOL

I know the slides I used were not intended to be mounted horizontally... but I'm not putting a huge amount of weight on them either... They work like a charm.

Tarhead:

Thank you...

I don't think I have ever used their slides... Thank you for bringing them to my attention.

The Side mounts are very competitive... the Undermount, a little high, to me.

Of course, the way I used my Side-mount slides UNDER the sliding shelves was not the norm...
Each sliding shelf I installed had a "Shelf" that I was mounting the Slides to...

The Real undermount has to be able to be installed even if there is NO SHELF there... LOL

I know the slides I used were not intended to be mounted horizontally... but I'm not putting a huge amount of weight on them either... They work like a charm.

can you share how you do your sliders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS