Kitchen Island finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
The kitchen island project is finally done. It's 24" X 59" X 36". The drawers are 12.5", 18" and 12.5" ---by 3 7/8" deep inside(4.5" outside) Drawer bottoms are 1/8" melamine bd and .25" plywood. The lower shelf was purchased as a kit from Rockleer. Structure is maple and birch ply. Legs are mortice and tennon with the cabinet pocket screwed.

Attachments

• 2All Done.jpg
    2All Done.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Finished front open.jpg
    Finished front open.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Finished back.jpg
    Finished back.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 188
  • Drawer dove tail.jpg
    Drawer dove tail.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 207

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That looks great, tons of very practical storage in a pretty package. You must have got quite a few bonus points from the LOYL :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
What did you finish with, you have such a nice uniform color between the different woods? What is the top, granite???

Dave:)

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Yes, the top is granite. The drawer fronts are Ash, the table Maple and the plywood Birch. Everything was stained with Minway early american + maple + a topcoat of cherry. This matched the rest of the kitchen. Then I brushed on two coats of Minwax wipe on poly. actually, I wiped on the first coat, then brushed on the second. and some places a third. The wipe on really goes a long way using a brush.

My shop is so small you are looking at the final assembly/finish room. It is sitting on an uneven tile floor. Had to spend some time shimming to get it level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS