Kitchen Cabinets from the shop of FredP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Custom SYP kitchen cabinets Work in progress from the shop of Fredp :)

1st we made the kick with shallow drawers
k3.jpg

Then we made the base to fit on top of the kick
k4.jpg

The stove is going to fit in the corner so the cabinet has a 45 on the end
k2.jpg

Then we placed the base on the kick
k1.jpg

This base cabinets is 11' 2" long and will have 2 sliding shelves per bottom opening and one drawer per top opening. We got wide panels for the shelves in clamps and the drawer frames made before we called it quits.

Fred is awesome to work with, I'm learning so much - I doubt it'll all fit into my brain... It sure is nice to work with someone who knows what they are doing. Fred is not only fast he's always thinking about three or four steps ahead where I'm still thinking through what we just did :gar-La;
Oh and did I mention Fred has perhaps the best blues collection in the world. I mean where else could you go and listen to Grand Funk Railroad and Bo Diddly on a Sunday afternoon? Fred's Shop that's where.

Thanks again Fred.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
This is turning into a fun project.:gar-Bi The pine in this cabinet came out of my yard last year. remember the redneck logging video?:rotflm: It's still in my gallery for the newer folks.:icon_thum enjoy!

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Good work guys!
Awesome to see the progression.
Jeff how can you get pictures as quick as Fred works? I'd thought there'd be blurs of Fred zipping along but he was too quick for the shutter!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Well done guys!!!:eusa_clap

Hope to see more of the progress in future posts.

That is going to be an awesome set of cabinets. Hope you detail the door build/hang for us when you are at that point.

Wayne

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
the doors are going to be simple flat [somewhat:roll:] half lap panels. I figure 35 rare earth magnets [each] should keep em from warping!:rotflm: we are only getting one day a week so this will take more time than usual and since my help doesn't show up till lunch time [9:00 or so] well you know.......:gar-La;

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Great looking cabinets! I've never seen drawers in the toe kick, that is a terrific idea. Lots of uses for that kind of space.

Fred is not only fast he's always thinking about three or four steps ahead where I'm still thinking through what we just did :gar-La;
Yeah, I predict that sometime in 2054, on a Thursday, Fred will get up, build his own coffin, have lunch, finish up some bookcases, and then keel over mid afternoon. In fact, I have seen him build projects using lumber from trees that haven't even been planted yet! :gar-Bi

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Good work guys!
Awesome to see the progression.
Jeff how can you get pictures as quick as Fred works? I'd thought there'd be blurs of Fred zipping along but he was too quick for the shutter!

Well I'm slowing him down, that's how I managed to snap those pics :gar-Bi. I've never seen anybody lay down a glue line on the edge of board that fast before. His glue bottle is a old chalk bottle which is just right for laying down a line that squeezes out just the right amount of glue for an edge glued joint. I did manage to get one up on him. I handed him a piece that I just glued and he said awe put some glue on that, I said I did. Fred paused for a brief second and said I did see it... I said well don't blink next time :gar-La;
I'm really looking forward to my eye doctors appt tomorrow. Hopefully with some new glasses, I'll be able to see the tape and stop cutting everything 1/8 longer than it's supposed to be.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Great looking cabinets! I've never seen drawers in the toe kick, that is a terrific idea. Lots of uses for that kind of space.

Yeah, I predict that sometime in 2054, on a Thursday, Fred will get up, build his own coffin, have lunch, finish up some bookcases, and then keel over mid afternoon. In fact, I have seen him build projects using lumber from trees that haven't even been planted yet! :gar-Bi

naw:no: I'll prolly die tryin to leap a tall building in a single bound or stop a speeding locomotive with me bare hands.:gar-Bi either way i'll be just as dead..... :rotflm: but them SYP cabynits will still be around.:wwink:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Oh another thing I learned... a dusty shop is a productive shop. Fred has a snow shovel just like I do, I felt right at home :gar-Bi

rwwood49

New User
Ronnie
I didn't think anyone used a shovel as a dust collector except me. My faith has been restored. thank you muchly:gar-La;:gar-La;

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Oh another thing I learned... a dusty shop is a productive shop. Fred has a snow shovel just like I do, I felt right at home :gar-Bi

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Thanks Jeff!!!

What a great way to say nite, nite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys tickle me to death!

I am sure that the end result will be a "site for sore eyes". .......A good thing. As my Daddy used to say!

Wayne

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Thanks Jeff!!!

What a great way to say nite, nite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys tickle me to death!

I am sure that the end result will be a "site for sore eyes". .......A good thing. As my Daddy used to say!

Wayne

Glad you got a smile on your face :wsmile:

Well here's how the cabinets started out - we wood workers don't let much go to waste, although my waist has gotten bigger this winter... Notice the wood WAS round, round things are meant to roll, I fixed that rolling problem with the sawmill.

Red Neck Logging ---> http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/Movie.wmv

Remember: Round is unsound - flat is where it's at :thumbs_up

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Well the the left hand base cabinet is done, just needs a final sanding, finish and knobs. It's solid 3/4" SYP except for the drawer bottoms and back which is 1/4 plywood. It's gotta be pushing 200 lbs, it took 2 teenagers and 1 man to carry it in the house :eek:. I still got work to do in the kitchen before I can set the cabinet, so it's sitting in the dining room for the moment. The way I figure, if a tornado comes, we'll crawl up in the cabinet, it'll be safe in there :gar-Bi.

Fred the wife is quite happy and now that we don't have to move it around any more, my back is happy to. Thanks again Fred :thumbs_up

0327111941a.jpg

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
So here's what happens when you spend a couple of hours in FredP's shop. That time includes, me communicating my wifes picture she had in her head to Fred. Thank God I only have one wife :gar-La;

First picture taken with my cell phone in Fred's Shop, the picture is a typical cell phone picture blurry and off color. The smiling guy on the left is Fred.
0410111654a.jpg

I took a couple of pictures with my digital camera, when I got home. This cabinet butts up to a wall on the left side. I have some work to do on the wall before I can hang it up in the kitchen.
P101002111.JPG

P101002211.JPG

When I brought it in to the house this was the expression the wife had

sf.jpg

A wise man once told me "Happy Wife - Happy Life" Well, the wife is happy- Thanks Fred :thumbs_up

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
U R welcome Mr.Mills!:gar-La; [AND Mrs. Mills] let me know when you want to do the others.:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS