Kids workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Here is a shot of the bench I built for my 2 girls. It still isn't quite done, but they were worrying me enough that I did have it usable well before the oldest's birthday party in early December as she got a tool set.

I used some spare casters that I had already and got the vises on clearance at HD for $6 each. I still have to put handles on the drawers and mount the doors I got from Doug Robinson, but at least it is usable and they are having fun with it. I did drill out some holes and put some large dowels into them. They have a good time hammering the things in. Additionally, I put a couple of bolts with t nuts so they can use their wrenches or pliers and a screw with a t nut so they can use their screwdrivers. The wheels on it are good and bad. They always seem to roll it into the middle of the floor where I will trip on it, but at least I can move it into its cubby hole out of my way.

IMG_2595.JPG

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
looks GREAT!! if those casters get on your nerves too bad you can just send it my way! Joel only has 5 yrs or so before he can enjoy it!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Travis that's really nice. Better than my bench, twin vices and all 8-O8-O You're a great Daddy, you got some lucky girls :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
You beat me to it, Dave. I hope my bench-in-progress looks that good, on a larger scale.What a Dad!

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Travis, that is a nice bench and a clever idea to build it for your girls. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Even if they don't become woodworkers (and maybe they will) they will probably gain the confidence that they can do things for themselves and not have to hire a handman to turn a srew for them when they get older. Good job.

T

toolferone

Great bench. I am going to borrow your idea about the tee nuts, and put some on my daughters bench.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Travis,

You're a lucky man. I wish I could get someone around here to develop an interest in woodworking. Closest I've been able to get is my son asking me to build a larger set of shelves for his DVD collection... maybe if the PlayStation folks could come up with a woodworking game ...:roll:

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS