Kid Funiture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsaw

New User
Qui
I was asked by a coworker to byild a table and two chairs for her two kids ( 2 and 3 years old). I have never done anything for kids before. What should be the rough dimensions for kid funiture? She wants the "mission" style look for the table and chairs. Any advices and suggestions are welcome.

Regards.

Qui

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I did a table to match some antique chairs for my daughter. I'll try to measure them when I get home. They should be in my album under Kid's furniture.
Dave:)

Littlejon

New User
Jon
I have a table and chairs that were biught when my boys were younger, but I have revival tonight, so you'll probably already have the measurements before I get home. Anyway, I echo the sentiments above. They grow FAST, so you may even want to consider making a table that adjusts or make it a little bigger than the kids can use right now in anticipation that they will "grow" into it.

Ken Weaver

New User
Ken Weaver
I've got a good book on children's furniture by Jeff Miller. Here's his table for table and chair measurements. HTH.

Attachments

• sizes001.jpg
    sizes001.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 158

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Got to measure the one I made. My daughter is now 3, and the table and chairs are still a little tall for her, but not to the point she can't use them. I'll bet she will get a few more years out of them before they are too small.
Table height = 20½" with clearance under the apron of 17½", and the seat height is 12" with a seat width of 13".

HTH, Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Unfortunately, the page is from copyrighted material and we can't include it in the Download Library as such. If someone wants to extract the information, type up a text file and save it as a PDF, then it can be uploaded. Rob

Woodsaw

New User
Qui
Thank you all for the great information. Now I have some basic ideas on where to start. I will also plan to go to some stores to take a close look of the kid pieces.

Regards.

Qui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS