Just wondering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonEve

New User
Don
Guys/Gals,

This question may have been posted before my entry to this forum, but I have to ask. I took the three hour class on introduction to pen turning at Woodcraft in Matthews. I enjoyed it very much! Great introduction to the hobby!! But, it is my understanding there is not a follow up class for more advanced techniques.

Have any of you guys considered teaching a class, maybe on the intermediate level, or higher? :widea: I know I would pay to have someone guide me along on some of the finer details and techniques. I'll not address individuals here as I have seen the work of several of you guys and I would not want to slight anyone, but you guys have incredible skills. :icon_chee

I bet there are others on this forum who would be interested in having you skilled craftsman instruct us. Not only that, but it would provide us an opportunity to get to know one another on a more personal basis. :icon_thum

Hey, I want to be the best I can be at this hobby. Who else to learn from but from the BEST!! :eusa_danc

Any ideas?

Don :swoon:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am sure that there are a few pen turners near you that would be happy to show you a few tips and tricks. But once you know the basics, the rest is just having fun experimenting. The best way to learn something is to do it. One of the greatest pen turners I've ever had the privledge of knowing wouldn't ever tell you how he did what he did, but if you gave it a try and ran into troubles he would give advice. Sometimes you just need to figure it out for yourself, as there is many ways to do the same thing. Another great resource with a lot of tutorials is the IAP http://www.penturners.org/ I learned most of what I do there...other than the CA finish, and that was taught to me by Clay, who was taught by John(I think) etc.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS