Just joined up

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Hi My name is ken aka boxxmaker .I live in tampa for the winter :gar-Cr,then its back to NC for the summer :gar-La;.I have a house an cabin right on top the mountain (almost) in Whittier,thats right outside the Cherokee reservation.Thats where I do most of my woodworking,where I make mostly jewelry boxes and turnings I have a Nova 1624 that I do my turning on.Anyway looking to meet some new folks when in the mountains and learn a thing or two here.
Ken

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Ken!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Sure sounds like you got a really neat place to entrench yourself in woodworking during the NC summer months. I am sure that inspiration abounds up there on the mountain.

Lots of great folks here at NCWW and lot of folks out in western NC!:wsmile:

We look forward to hearing more from you and possibly some pictures of your work.

Have fun and post often!

Wayne

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Ken, great to have you join us. Feel free to jumpain at any time.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the fun, Ken!:eusa_danc

Great folks around the site always willing to lend a hand or an idea:icon_thum.

Jump in any time. Don't forget we love pictures around here.:wink_smil

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Ken, I am glad you could join us. I would love to see some pics of your jewelery boxes and turnings. I have a affinity for that type of woodworking also. I look forward to your input in the forums. Have fun, this is a great bunch of folks.
See you around!
Dave:)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Ken. Man it must be tough being down in FL right now.:nah::rotflm: Please post some pictures of your work and hurry up and get back to NC! :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Thanks folks for the wecome,an yes it sucks down here :kamahlitubut come easter I will be headin north,will try and post some pics of my boxes when I figure out how.The bowls pics will have to wait :wink_smil
Ken

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Ken -- Happy to have you join us even though you are in NC only for part of the year. For your information, there is a group of woodworkers that get together once each month in the Asheville area for sharing ideas, techniques and almost anything related to wood. I'm President of the Western NC Woodworkers Association and we have a website at www.wncwa.org where you'll find information about the organization and our next meeting. We meet at the 10,000 sf shop of one of our professional members in Fletcher (it's about 60 miles from Whittier) and at our March 14th meeting we will feature Jack Hastings on guitar making. PM me your email address if you want more details about the meeting or the Association.

Glad you've found us and welcome to the dust pile.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Welcome Ken. I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing more about your jewelry boxes (not so much the turnings :gar-La;).

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Welcome to the site Ken. Man it must be tough being down in FL right now.:nah::rotflm: Please post some pictures of your work and hurry up and get back to NC! :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent
Got some pics in the gallery of a few boxes,hope ya like em.:wsmile:

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Glad you could join us Ken. I took the liberty of posting your pics here so others wouldn't have to go find them. They are beautiful boxes.

Ken's pics:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors