Just bought it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Okay, I just got off the phone with Grizzly! It was surreal to be able to order my new...BANDSAW!

Yes, I bit the big one and ordered the 14" Ultimate Bandsaw G0555 and the riser kit. It should be here by next Friday! I did have to pay another $32 for the liftgate option as I don't think I can lift the boxes off the truck while the driver watches me. I'll be in the area of Highland Woodworking tomorrow and will try to stop in and get a 3/4" Woodslicer to do some re-sawing. I will also pick up a couple general use blades too. This is soooooooo cool!

I will post photos once the beast arrives!

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Congratulations! Good tools make woodworking more fun and safer. I know you'll be glad that you did it.

Bob

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
ConGrizzulations!
Gettin' the green on St. Paddy's day yet!

Does this mean the recession is over? :wsmile:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Excellent choice, and good move on the lift gate. I went with the drop ship method (they drop the shipment out of the truck...well, sort of...), and it was HEAVY. Never order stationary tools in the dead of summer...
Regarding the blade - a 3/4" blade might be pushing it, the G0555 should be able to tension it but you're definitely at the limits. The 1/2" Woodslicer works really well.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
CONGRATS!!! Anna-Catherine!!! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

a 3/4" blade might be pushing it, the G0555 should be able to tension it but you're definitely at the limits. The 1/2" Woodslicer works really well.

+1 I have the model underneath yours and I've also had the 1/2" Woodslicer on it for about 2 years. Definitely a good blade. I put the 3/4" Woodslicer on it once to do some heavy duty resawing and it is pretty...... well....... :swoon: I'd just go with the 1/2". :thumbs_up:thumbs_up If you need some help unloading/maneuvering the box, there are plenty of members in your area. All you really need is one other person and it's no big deal. If my wife and I could move my Grizz out of the guest bedroom, down some steps and out into a moving truck last week, I think you and one other person could do it. Enjoy the saw! :icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
If my wife and I could move my Grizz out of the guest bedroom, down some steps and out into a moving truck last week, I think you and one other person could do it. Enjoy the saw! :icon_thum
Yes, but do NOT attempt lifting the saw onto the base yourself. Even if you do something "smart" like building several "steps" and lifting it in phases. Because you'll get to the last bit and think "I can do this". You can, and you'll be reminded you could for the next 2 months or so.

No personal experience in this area whatsoever of course. :gar-Bi

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Yes, but do NOT attempt lifting the saw onto the base yourself. Even if you do something "smart" like building several "steps" and lifting it in phases. Because you'll get to the last bit and think "I can do this". You can, and you'll be reminded you could for the next 2 months or so.

No personal experience in this area whatsoever of course. :gar-Bi

Very true and with my chopped up left middle finger it will be another $1000 trip to the ER! Not doing THAT again! Well with that said anyone want to come over once the beast gets here to rig 'er up? I think maybe I will see abput getting a video camera to record the event. Hmmmm...

Anyone? Heeeelllooooooo!?!:gar-Cr :dontknow:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
What's the ETA? I may be able to help. Working in Blakeney & living in Monroe, I come through Matthews often.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
What's the ETA? I may be able to help. Working in Blakeney & living in Monroe, I come through Matthews often.

I'll let you know. I don't think delivery will be until Monday or Tuesday. I will PM you and let you know. Thanks!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congratulations on the purchase, Anna-Catherine!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I am sure you will get plenty of great service from this new machine.

Now don't forget the obligatory pictures when it arrives.:wink_smil

Wayne

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Congrats!!! I got the same saw about 2 years ago. I love it.

Definitely need some help putting it together.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Congratulations on the new saw. I have the same one. I posted a review of the assembly at LumberJocks when I finished putting it together. If you're interested, you can see it here. In that review I note a missing portion of the assembly instructions with regard to tensioning after installation of the riser. I uploaded the instruction set to our download library. If it is still not included with your saw, you can download it here

While I assembled my saw alone, I don't recommend it. Putting the base together alone is no problem, but the head section is more than a little difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors