Jointer knife alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
Re: Hello From Durham

Roger and Matt,

I would appreciate all of the help I can get. I have a Delta 12.5" planner and just got a Delta joiner. I have tried to adjust the knives on the joiner but I think one is still a bit high. I am getting a bit much of the scalloping affect on the wood. Got any ideas?

I do not want to dive into the oak until I get a biscuit joiner. I would also like to do some simple inlay with some walnut shorts that I got. Could use some help there as well.

John

sapwood

New User
Roger
John is experiencing problems with knife alignment on his jointer and I thought his post would get more exposure in the Power Tools forum :-D

Roger

T

toolferone

Re: Hello From Durham

Which model jointer do you have?

If the blades sit on a pair of "jack screws" then with the unit unplugged you can use a steel ruler or straight edge. Place the rule on the out feed table and rotate the head to check that the knives just barely scrape the rule as the knive passes TDC. You need to do this to each side of the knife (at the front and back at the fence). If any are off then you can loosen the knife holder and then turn the "jack screw" the correct way to raise or lower the knife as needed. All the knives need to be even and the same height as the outfeed table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS