Jeff Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
In view of Jeff's most recent spate of posts, what is our consensus on what to do about him? Auto-moderate all his posts? Suspend" banish? Send him to conventry?

BTW: I do not think he will ever clean up his act.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It seems to me like he is instigating, looking for trouble. Chicago hot dogs seems to tie back to New York Pizza. Steak marinade and saying to moderate him because we moderate food....

The mess with the ads....

Auto moderate him.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
If we auto moderate does he know it? I mean if we punish him and he does not know it what did we accomplish. BTW I am 110% in favor of taking action of some kind.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
If we auto moderate him. Every post should tell him that his post must be approved by a moderator before being visible.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Auto moderate him but be sure he knows it. He just might get ticked off and leave on his own. If, while being auto moderated, he doesn't clean up his act, then ban him.

TracyP

Tracy
When all of the BOD weighs in on this I will make the changes to his profile if this is what we decide and send him a PM on behalf of the majority of the BOD. We need to think about a term for the auto moderation period.

M

McRabbet

30 days of auto-mderation, but notify him that the BoD is not pleased -- no, IRRITATED! -- with his constant efforts to push the edges. If he stays clean, then we will lift the moderation; if not, he should lose posting priviledges for 30 days. If that does not work, then he should be banned. This is a woodworking site and it should stay that way.

TracyP

Tracy
In light of recent events, should we share this with the Staff first??????

TracyP

Tracy
My rendition of what we need to convey......

Guys and Girls, fellow staff members of NCWW. The time has come to take action and to hopefully bring Jeff Mills into Compliance with the website policies of NCWW. He has repeatedly taunted and tested the BOD and Staff of this great community. Multiple warnings have been publicly and privately put before Jeff and he continues to test the policies that we have all chosen to uphold. The BOD have in the majority decided to "auto moderate" all posts that Jeff makes for a period of not less than thirty days from the date of January 25th 2010, and shall remain in effect until February 25th 2010. This means when Jeff Mills replies to any post, starts any thread, etc. it is put in Moderation Que until a Staff Member of NCWW approves the post. I as Webmaster will send a PM to Jeff outlining the actions taken by the BOD and Staff of NCWW. Our job as staff will require us to be aware of any post or thread posted by Jeff and to individually approve or reject the posts made by Jeff based on Policy alone. Our personal thoughts and feelings must not play into our decisions to allow or deny any post or thread. Please apply only NCWW policy to your decisions to deny or approve Jeff's posts. This is not going to be an easy thing to do but I and others on the BOD feel it is extremely necessary that this action is initiated and strictly adhered to.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Looks good to me Tracy. I'm sure you will, but I hope that in your PM to Jeff you will emphasize that part of the reason for this action is the number of useless drivel posts that he makes, as well as, his tendency to constantly push the envelope as to what is acceptable behavior here.

It should also be pointed out to him that the board was, as Rob said, "irritated" about the post he made about the ads. That post resulted in a reply being made telling how to bypass them which could result in lost revenue.

Last edited:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Before we post anything or auo-moderate Jeff, I want to talk to him personally. I am aware that technically he has not violated the policies. However, he needs a better understanding of the purpose of NCWW, the roles of the staff, and the consequences of hid posts. If anyone has his telephone number please PM it to me.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Scott Smith and I spoke today about this issue. One point I took away is that we want to be able to say to the membership, if we are ever asked, that we made every attempt to resolve the issue ammicably. This is a PR issue to some extent.

Therefore, I have Jeff''s numbers and will call him. I plan to start the conversationb by asking him what his concept of NCWW is. I will then inform him of our purpose as stated in the by-laws. I plan on asking him a lot of questions, and will report back here. If he says he cannot comply then I think we should consider banning him and NOT auto-moderating.

All of this should be conveyed to the moderators and admins on the conference call.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I want to say I would like to ensure this doesn't become a vendetta. He does some annoying and irritating things, but he does have some valid posts and threads. His red oak root balls he is cutting into bowl blanks and giving away, his gun cabinet, etc.

I do think he tries us and tries the moderators, and a lot of his threads are not woodworking related, but so are a lot of other peoples including ours.

Still, I think we need to take some type of action.

Scott, you recused yourself from this discussion, but I sincerely believe you should chime in and express your thoughts and opinions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS