It's been a NCWoodworker Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Wow - what a great week.

Earlier this week Gary (NCTurner) and his lovely wife Lyn stopped by to pick up some of the spalted oak that I brough home from David (RoverTCV) in Lilington last Saturday. What a cool couple! Lyn's family (grandfather) has a history of doing things themselves, and I think that she enjoyed the equipment and tour as much as Gary did!

Then, Jeff Mills and I had a great chat on the phone earlier in the week.

On Saturday there was the get together at Rob and Susan's place in Sanford - more NCWoodworkers!

Today George Lesniak and Alex stopped by to pick up some feathered oak that I'd been saving for Alex. Alex showed me one of his finest pens (which just happened to be made from feathered oak from my farm!), and we had a great time looking over the new toyls. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the cast iron polished, so George was polite but probably unimpressed.... :rotflm:

On Tuesday Chris (CPTulley) will stop by and he and I will go look at his oak logs in Sanford.

All in all a great NCWoodworker Week!

Scott

GeorgeL

New User
George
Wow - what a great week.

Earlier this week Gary (NCTurner) and his lovely wife Lyn stopped by to pick up some of the spalted oak that I brough home from David (RoverTCV) in Lilington last Saturday. What a cool couple! Lyn's family (grandfather) has a history of doing things themselves, and I think that she enjoyed the equipment and tour as much as Gary did!

Then, Jeff Mills and I had a great chat on the phone earlier in the week.

On Saturday there was the get together at Rob and Susan's place in Sanford - more NCWoodworkers!

Today George Lesniak and Alex stopped by to pick up some feathered oak that I'd been saving for Alex. Alex showed me one of his finest pens (which just happened to be made from feathered oak from my farm!), and we had a great time looking over the new toyls. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the cast iron polished, so George was polite but probably unimpressed.... :rotflm:

On Tuesday Chris (CPTulley) will stop by and he and I will go look at his oak logs in Sanford.

All in all a great NCWoodworker Week!

Scott
Nope, not impressed at all. :no: Besides the "dull" surfaces, the shop is too small, under lit and WAY under powered.

Seriously though WOW!!! what a shop! :eusa_clap It's all Alex and I talked about on the way home.

I must admit when I first saw your Grizzly table saw I thought "hmmm, I bet that would polish up really nice"

Thanks for the tour and the feathered oak,
George

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I must admit when I first saw your Grizzly table saw I thought "hmmm, I bet that would polish up really nice"

George

Well George, any time that you get the urge, I'll be glad to open up the shop for a polishing party!:rotflm:

Seriously, thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to see what Alex makes from the feathered oak.

Scott

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Sounds like a great time was had. NCWW Rocks, as do the people that are members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS