It's Been a Long Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Can someone please explain why it is taking so long to get the website fixed? As contributors (in content and money), we'd like to have a meaningful update. I don't believe it's asking too much.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike I am not currently on the BOD but I have been on the BOD and a site Adnin / Moderator for many years. NCWW had no paid staff. Our Webmaster works for a living and working on the site as he can. Our other programmer,Ethan, is also a volunteer. The hosting company blind sided use and has done next to nothing to help. Sure that is research going on to find another hosting service but that takes time and resources. We are all frustrated. Give the BOD time.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
I believe that patlaw (Mike) was voicing a concern and not a complaint. I also understand that things take time to research and also working w/a vendor is frustrating and time consuming.

A status update was all that was being asked for. All of the volunteer work to keep this site up and running is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Many thanks to the BOD.

Dan C.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
We will have a Board of Directors meeting within the next three weeks. Even holding a meeting is difficult when several of the key members have full time jobs and have to travel long distances to attend.

Soon after this meeting we will have the answer to your question.

But the short answer is that our only programmer was deep into customizing the new software when the server was moved without notice. That move caused the ip addresses to be changed. Meanwhile the host also upgraded their security also without notice. I believe we now have access to the control panel and links are being updated.

Recovering from the disruption took away from installing the new system.

House of cards.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
As for our past server, are they a bunch of blithering idiots, or do they just hate us that much? From everything I've seen on NCWW they have been the most unhelpful bunch I have heard of. They have taken our money, but when it comes to providing help to fix THEIR SCREW-UP nothing. to quote Daffy Duck "there's got to be legalities in here somewhere".

Pop
:BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS