Is this Delta drum sander any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Church

Michael
Corporate Member
I found this drum sander on Craigslist in central NY where my wife's family lives. My brother in law says he could pick any tools for me and hold till I come up (usually go up a couple of times a year) or he comes down here. Does anybody here have any experience with these sanders...is this one of those to stay away from? The price seems cheap enough but that might not be a good sign. Any advise appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

delta drum sander - $150 (skaneateles)

Date: 2010-03-10, 6:34PM EST
Reply to: sale-sut9t-1638207536@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

delta drum sander 110v works good , bought a bigger one first $150

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3nf3k63me5T15P05R5a3aa1540473471816d3.jpg
3nc3m83of5T55P75R7a3a1f80ae1ea7ee1484.jpg
3n83k53pb5T85Pd5Rba3a3e0fde0e9b8f1d13.jpg
3ne3o33l75Tc5Pd5R6a3a162befd18f461532.jpg

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
are you kidding? for $150 I would have my brother drive from Rochester to pick that up! (and pay him $150 for his troubles)

just checked the map, much shorter drive for my brother than I thought, hmmmm. Please buy this thing!

Marlin

New User
Marlin
What NCPete said X 100!!!!

Damm even if it needs a little work as long as it runs get it NOW!!!

decibel

New User
Patrick
I owned one of these and sold it go Geoff (BigDog72) and I was pleased with it. Only thing I noticed from that picture is you'd probably want to get a new belt for the table not sure what's up with that looks like he hacked up a replacement conveyor belt that's not full width so that's the only thing that jumps out at me. I think Geoff snagged a replacement belt from delta for $30. I'd just hope the smaller belt is only from laziness and not because it has tracking issues or some other underlying problem. Only thing I can imagine is checking to make sure the basics work the conveyor motor, rollers etc. The table lift mechanism can be a little tight but for $150 it's hard to pass up.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I think the guy probably split the belt to save money. Great piece of equipment! I thought I got a great deal but $150 is smokin'!!! Grab it but tell your brother to make sure it works before he pays for it.:icon_thum

Michael Church

Michael
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the advice. Looks like the consensus is go for it. I replied to the ad, so I will see if it is still available. I will let you know..

Thanks,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS