Is there any Interest

Would you be willing to attend and offer a fair price ?

• Yes

Votes: 27 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
In attending a private "yard sale" of tools and accessories in Salisbury, NC ?

Right now it is just an idea but the widow of my deceased friend is wanting to clear all the stuff out of the shop she does not want to keep.

I asked if she was open to a "private yard sale" to the members of NCWW. She seemed to receive the idea on a positive note.

There is a lot of things in that shop-------too many to list.

So anyone interested in such an event--------let it be known. All I am doing now is getting a feel for the interest. No absolute plans have been made yet.

I would hope the members would offer an appropriate price for the items. She does not really know what is what in the tools or the value.

Jerry

Last edited:

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Bill, The sale would be in Salisbury.

I edited the original post to include that information. Thanks for posing the question on location.

Jerry

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jerry, with the price of gas and the start of the summer season you might get interest from more members, myself included, if you provide a list of some of the tools. If it is easier just post a couple pictures of the shop. Just a thought.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm with Scott. I frequent farm & estate sales but I'd like to know if it'd be worth my while.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Jerry,
I agree with Scott that some pictures of the shop and tools that might be available is recommended. I also like Estate auctions and if I am going to travel any distance I want to know what is available. :dontknow:
Terry

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Jerry,
I'd be interested in going and would lovr to at least get an idea of what he has for sale.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Jerry, with the price of gas and the start of the summer season you might get interest from more members, myself included, if you provide a list of some of the tools. If it is easier just post a couple pictures of the shop. Just a thought.

Good idea Scott---------I may be forced to learn the new way of posting pics. I have pics of a lot of the tools on my PC already. I also have a list of those items. Just want to make sure I do not post something already sold.

Jerry

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Hey Jerry,
I'll come. Is this Steve Hooper's estate?

Yes, Mark-----------this Steve's estate items.

Keep in mind this is not an auction. The idea is to give NCWW a first opportunity to buy the tools at a fair price. Hopefully not a flea market price.

Jerry

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Jerry,
I'd be interested in going and would lovr to at least get an idea of what he has for sale.

Greg-------There is a wide variety of tools and accessories.

A rough idea is: hand tools, power tools, marking and measuring tools, paint related items, lathe tools, router bits, hole saws---------------and the list goes on.

If the response is good and IF the lady wants to go this route , I will spend the time to do a listing and maybe even pictures.

Jerry

cskipper

Cathy
Will you, or someone who knows, be there to assist those of us who might not know what a fair price is for a specific item? If it's something I've thought about but not researched I [STRIKE]might be[/STRIKE] wouldn't know.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Will you, or someone who knows, be there to assist those of us who might not know what a fair price is for a specific item? If it's something I've thought about but not researched I [strike]might be[/strike] wouldn't know.

That is possible Cathy--------A lot of the things I had already researched and written down, some things can be found in current woodworking catalogues---------and some things may be a super bargain. I encourage people to treat this the way you would want your spouse to be treated. Everybody is looking for a bargain, including me, let's make it a fair bargain.:icon_thum

Jerry

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Jerry,

I'm in. Do you have a date in mind?

Steve

Steve----------sorry for the delay in responding to your post. I had been out of town for a week.

Dates for the sale have not been decided yet. There does seem to be enough interest to follw through with the idea--about 25 people have expressed an interest in such a sale.

I will contact the lady and see what has developed on getting the tools organized and what dates , if any, have been considered.

Thanks for your interest.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors