I just sent bsquared 3 msgs (see below) but none show up in my "Sent Box"

From the Classifieds
From bsquared's profile
From "Send an email"

Cheers!

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I just "sold" (for free) something last week and the buyer said he had tried sending me 2 messages before it finally occurred to him to go ahead and click the Buy button since it was free anyway. The message generated by the Buy button is the only one I got.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
I just spoke with Salem and he sent me a message from the ad and I did not receive the message. He then sent me a PM and that worked. Something must not be working in the classifieds...

Thanks,
Bill

sandfarm

Joe
User
I have sent three messages through classified PM since last week to the same person and not any of them went through.

Thanks,
Joe Isley

ehpoole

Ethan
Hopefully toolman can take a look at it (IIRC he was kind enough to perform the initial install). I can find no configuration parameters regarding user contact with regard to this product (not even to one enable/disable it). More annoyingly, I can not even figure out what mechanism it is attempting to use to establish user contact (e.g. PM system, email or some other means unique to this plugin...or, for that matter, how it handles users whom have disabled email notifications and user contact emails for their account) without digging through all its source code ... which I don't have time to tackle right now. And then, of course, to add insult to injury, we have many users whose email addresses are no longer valid and who very likely are not aware of such (e.g. they changed providers but never updated their contact info) -- which is not to say that I'm suggesting this is the case for everyone (or possibly even anyone) reporting this issue, but it may be worth double-checking your contact info and settings just for good measure.

Hopefully another admin can pick up this issue for us. For some odd reason, when I was looking into this earlier I was getting a bunch of Smileys inserted where our banner ad would normally be?!

In the meantime, it is probably best for everyone to stick to PMs -- they are tried and true -- and I apologize for the inconvenience -- hopefully we can find some way to sort out this bug in the near future.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The thing with classifieds is up in the air. I know it I not a set up issue. It appears to be a compatibility issue with vb 4.1,12. We need to investigate whether or not we want to deal the 'new' developer or just maintain what we have ourselves. But I won't be able to look at for a few days because of some other things going on behind the scenes.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I received a pm about my add for a separator lid but don't know if it was sent through the classifieds or via PM.:icon_scra It came in my PM box. However I have been unable to remove the add. I've looked several times and I dont see how to do it. What am I missing?:dontknow:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Fred,

I may have your answer because I got an automatic email earlier saying I had not marked my free item as paid. :) So I clicked the button to do that and it archived the ad.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
The Buy it button and associated process seems to work, it is the "Contact Seller" function that does not appear to work.

Thanks,

Bill

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
At top right of any page click on "settings"
On left side of page look for "my classifieds" and click onit.
you will now have list of all your ads. On the right side there is a drp down list of actions you can do

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Steve,

I have used the functions you described in My Classifieds...Edit and Delete both work. The "Contact Seller" link is not working, it is on all the classified pages that a buyer would see. Other links the buyer can see seem to work based on my experience over the last couple of days. Hope this description helps.

Thanks,

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS