Is someone messing with the menus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Is someone messing with the menus? The IE top menu looks different and users are reporting the top tabs are now gone in Firefox.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
They should be fine now. I was putting in the permanent fix to yesterday's problems. The menu should look a bit different

toolman

New User
Chad
They should be fine now. I was putting in the permanent fix to yesterday's problems. The menu should look a bit different

Hay Steve you put in a permanent fix??? Can you tell us / me what permanent fix did you fix?? :help: Please in lighten Thanks! :cool:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I like the new look, very professional! Did you upload the new .pgt file? I think the old one is still there.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Hay Steve you put in a permanent fix??? Can you tell us / me what permanent fix did you fix?? :help: Please in lighten Thanks! :cool:

Us Us Us, it is all about us:rotflm:, inquiring minds want to know.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
The blue tabbed menus are there in IE but not in Firefox:dontknow::dontknow:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Is someone messing with the menus? The IE top menu looks different and users are reporting the top tabs are now gone in Firefox.
Yes, again.

I like the new look, very professional! Did you upload the new .pgt file? I think the old one is still there.
Yes, it has been uploaded.

SHort story too long:rotflm:.

The only thing that was intented to changes were the two menu entries that point to the changed site policies. After I made the quick changes to those links, I of course tested the links under FF in macx. No problem:icon_thum As I went to test under windows in IE, my wife came home from the dentist and then very loudly asked me what was wrong with Pebbles(Rocky's littermate). She was walking like a drunken sailor and kept falling down and she was clearly very scared.

So we rushed her to the Vet. When we got back, I had forgotten what I had been doing until later and saw the posts about IE, which I, of course, first blew off as a temp file issue:embaresse:embaresse

Anyway, when I tested the issue on IE, the problem was there.

When I went to make the change, I realized I didn't have the DHMTL program running on my machine any more. So I downloaded a copy, installed it and made the changes.

After I started to debug it became clear that we had been using ver 8.x of the program. When I download, I got version 9.0 which had just come out(didn't realize it). After going down several dead ends, I found a version of 8.5 in an old backup. Which I then installed, with the intention of reverting everything to 8.5. I reverted the tabmenu first and found everything working, which of course shouldn't happen:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: only the tab menu should have worked. By this time, it was late for me, so I decided :widea: call it a temp fix.
When I went back to it, I found that were versions of some of the *.js files that were from even earlier versions that hadn't been cleared out. So I did a total cleanup at the 8.5 version and got everything working. Then I updated to the new 9.0 version and everything was still working.:eusa_danc The reason I did that is that with 8.8 we would get no support, plus 9.0 had this new tab menu function which is much nicer than the work around I did originally.

Anyway, for those of you who are maintaing those menus, Please get the new 9.0 version, it's free and the the old install serial number will still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS