IRS Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSmith

New User
David
I know that most everyone here on NCWW is looking to get new equipment or upgrade what they have. I am always on the lookout for a good deal. Here is one thing I found that may be of some interest to you guys.

IRS Auctions, no not the Feds, Industrial Recovery Services, has online auctions for woodworking plants that are either closing or getting rid of excess equipment. Saw a new one listed today in Arizona. A General jointed with a starting bid of $50.00 Makita sliding compound $25.00 starting bid. There are some auctions here in NC and surrounding states that might be of interest so it is worth checking out.

Go to www.IRSauctions.com to see for your self. They have ongoing auctions around the country and there are some good prices to be had. I bought over $7500 worth of lumber last year for $3500. Bidding is free but you have to register. They do charge a sellers and a buyers premium and sometimes their loading requirements are a bit strict. But the rewards can be huge.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thanks for posting that info David. We do have some members that check out IRS Auctions every once in a while and let us know about the ones in our area.

Your post serves as a reminder. Again, thanks.

Barbara

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Just read the fine print and setup shipping with your carrier of choice. The fees and shipping add substantially to the final cost. Wood typically will be at market wholesale or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS