IPAD - Please change

For iPad users only - Do you want the cordless style forced on you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Not sure if I am reporting a bug or making a suggestion or requesting a functional change.:gar-La;

If I understand correctly, the detection algorithm seems to detect the iPad and force the cordless style. There isn't a way to force it back to Classic.

I have gotten the habit of using my iPad for most of my web surfing. But I find cordless style to be unnecessary on the iPad. In fact, I have stopped using the iPad to surf NCWW because of this. I would rather that the iPad not be forced into Cordless and treated just like other non-mobile devices.

Last edited by a moderator:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Please try now.

I had added iPad to the exception list, but didn't notice that I also had to enable the exception list.

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
So should we be able to switch back to the classic view from a cordless device?

It doesn't work for me on 2.2 and to be honest I'm not partial to the cordless view on my Evo. :nah:

Brian.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Please try now.

I had added iPad to the exception list, but didn't notice that I also had to enable the exception list.

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10

:rotflm: it works now thanks:thumbs_up
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B500 Safari/531.21.10

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I think a switch would be cool for people on dial up or like when my DSL gets really slooowww.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_8; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Glad that fixed it Steve.

For now, we are leaving Auto Detection enabled.

Once we have some of the bigger bugs fixed, we'll discuss how mobile users feel about the auto thing. It has pros and cons (just like most infinitely variable options in life!)

Thanks,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS