Introducting: the new "New Posts" button

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Based on some common sense browsing behavior, we've added a brand new button.
[BANANA]
ncww_newposts.gif

View image in gallery
[/BANANA]

This button does the same thing you get with the "New Posts" link in the "navbar" at the top of each page:

So, you are reading a thread, you come to the last post. Hmmm, that was fun, I wonder what other new posts have been made while I was engrossed in this thread. Guess what button you can now click?

Now, "New Posts" is a bit misleading. It really means "show me any and all new threads or threads that have had new posts made since I last looked at them". "New Posts" is just easier to fit on a button!

Hope ya'll enjoy this :)

Thanks,
Jim

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Thanks Jim! You must have read my mind!:elvis:

I was thrilled to see this change. Now I don't have to scroll all the way back to the top to click "NEW POSTS".:icon_cheers

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Very cool, that will seriously reduce the strain on my scrolling finger when I get to the end of a thread!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I forgot to give credit to our own Scott Miller (scottm). He came up with this idea.

Thanks Scott!

Jim

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very cool Jim! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Is there a button to push that will take you to the last post of a thread but still show all the other ones? :eusa_thin

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Well, sort of. If you are looking at a list of threads, you see a column called "Last Post" with this image:
lastpost.gif
next to the username of the person who last posted.

Click on that little button will open the thread and take you to that last post.

Jim

Very cool Jim! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Is there a button to push that will take you to the last post of a thread but still show all the other ones? :eusa_thin

sapwood

New User
Roger
Cool froggy :icon_thum
I jumped on that one immediately.
But font doesn't match very well . . . or maybe the button is a jpg, gif, png????

Roger

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Everyone's a critic :)

I had to create the button, there wasn't one available officially.

So, love it or hate it, its my artistic statement that expresses both my inner digestive difficulties and the first snowfall in a mountain stream.

:eusa_clap:eusa_doh::eusa_clap

Jim

Cool froggy :icon_thum
I jumped on that one immediately.
But font doesn't match very well . . . or maybe the button is a jpg, gif, png????

Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great addition, Jim!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Now I can give the arthritis in my scrolling finger a rest!!!!:gar-Bi

Thanks

Wayne

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
I have to point out one more useful button that goes hand-in-hand with the New Posts one... the "View First Unread" button. This is near the top of a thread, in the left of the rust-colored titlebar on the first post. (It has to be on a thread where you haven't read everything.) This button zips you down to the first post that you haven't read yet, also indicated by a tiny "hot" reddish icon beside the datestamp of each post (or "cool" blue one if you have already seen it).

Use the "New Post" button in combination with the "View First Unread" button for maximum reading pleasure!

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I have to point out one more useful button that goes hand-in-hand with the New Posts one... the "View First Unread" button. This is near the top of a thread, in the left of the rust-colored titlebar on the first post. (It has to be on a thread where you haven't read everything.) This button zips you down to the first post that you haven't read yet, also indicated by a tiny "hot" reddish icon beside the datestamp of each post (or "cool" blue one if you have already seen it).

Use the "New Post" button in combination with the "View First Unread" button for maximum reading pleasure!

Dang! I've been looking for that and whaddaya know, it's right there! Thanks Steve!!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I think that is a great idea:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum. I've started using it a lot.

But just in case there is also a "New Posts" button in flying menu. But I seem to rarely use it except for new posts.

I think I will turn of the flying menu all together and see if I like that better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS