Internet Lumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Hope it is ok to endorse a supplier on this forum.

I took a trip to Internet Lumber in Mocksville today, (only about ten miles from my home). The warehouse manager walked me through all of their processes and really showed me around describing the differences between all the species of wood both domestic and exotic woods and actually provided me with samples to take home to LOML for a decision on the wood type we will use for our end tables. I will add that we were late getting there and he actually spent about 45 minutes past his normal quitting time showing me anything I asked about. I was very impressed with the quality of customer service that I received from Clint who is the warehouse manager. I have never shopped a hardwood supplier before but I am in the customer service business and this company in my opinion rocked, due to the dedication of their staff. The laborers even waited around to make sure that I did not need to take anything with me today. My son and I went and he was impressed with the service also. So, if it is ok to endorse a company, I would definitely endorse Internet Lumber Company for their interest in the customer. I will add that their quality is good and he told me that whatever I needed, he would do anything he could to accommodate my needs. To me that is the stuff that customer service is made of!!!!

:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Tracy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yes it is :icon_thum And thank-you for your review. I had no idea they were that local. I've moved your thread to the Reviews forum because it is a excellent one.
Dave:)

TracyP

Tracy
So whatcha get??????

Dave:)
Nothing yet, gonna place an order and pick up next week. I think I will be very satisfied with the results of the order due to the level of customer service I received. Now the task at hand is to build something out of what I buy.

Tracy

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Thanks for the report!! I am pretty sure I will have to buy some red oak for the kitchen and that sounds like as close to home as I will find. Did you by chance get pricing on red oak?

Jerry

TracyP

Tracy
Thanks for the report!! I am pretty sure I will have to buy some red oak for the kitchen and that sounds like as close to home as I will find. Did you by chance get pricing on red oak?

Jerry
4/4 red oak fas grade 2.69 per board foot for 20 board foot plus. 100 board foot super pack as they call it fas grade is 219.97. Of course that is rough price, add $ if s2s and straight line ripped one side. Larger quanities are offered at a discount. Here is the link.

http://www.internetlumber.com/lumber/Oak-Red

Tracy

TracyP

Tracy
Do they stock any thin (1/8", 1/4", 3/8" or 1/2") wood?

I did not actually see any thin stock while I was there, however the warehouse manager told me that they would mill to order whatever I needed. Their facility is not not what you would call a retail store, rather a large warehouse with their milling equipment, they accept phone orders, internet orders from the web page, and they do accept walk in customers and they allow customer pick up if that is possible. They will also ship anywhere. They do a lot of hardwood flooring and lumber sales to individuals and companies.
I hoped this helps.

Tracy

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Do they stock any thin (1/8", 1/4", 3/8" or 1/2") wood?

I am sure you would pay more per bf. for the thinner stock to cover their milling costs. You could always purchase the thicker stock and resaw as you go.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
if it is ok to endorse a company, I would definitely endorse Internet Lumber Company for their interest in the customer. I will add that their quality is good and he told me that whatever I needed, he would do anything he could to accommodate my needs. To me that is the stuff that customer service is made of!!!!

I've found the very same thing in my purchases from them, customer service is EXCELLENT!!! I've never had a problem with this supplier and fast and friendly service. Only thing better is our sawyers that cut on the spot for us!!

TracyP

Tracy
I plan on placing an order with the next week and starting my first project with hardwood instead of sheet goods. Looks like it will be end tables for our living room. We have a new home, three years old and a pair of mismatched end tables. Wish me luck.

Tracy

J

jeff...

Form what I've seen and heard Internet lumber is another good company to buy lumber from. I have nothing at all bad to say about Internet lumber, know quite a few folks that buy from them and have been very pleased.

Just remember lumber prices have come down (way down) in the last few months. KD 4/4 Flat Sawn red oak in the rough is running round $2.50 a BF maybe slightly higher. KD 4/4 Quarter Sawn Red Oak is about $1.50 ~ $1.75 more per BF, when you can find it.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
going to go and try them. Do they really charge you more if you request a minimum width?

I have been using mcewen lumber in High Point.
I can get 4/4 red oak s3s clear for 2.04 a bdft and got walnut s3s for $4 a bdft.
But you have to buy a minimum of $400.

I always don't need that much. Right now i need to get some walnut but only need about 50 bdft. with a width of 7+ inches. I may have to take a drive out to internet lumber this week

TracyP

Tracy
going to go and try them. Do they really charge you more if you request a minimum width?

I have been using mcewen lumber in High Point.
I can get 4/4 red oak s3s clear for 2.04 a bdft and got walnut s3s for $4 a bdft.
But you have to buy a minimum of $400.

I always don't need that much. Right now i need to get some walnut but only need about 50 bdft. with a width of 7+ inches. I may have to take a drive out to internet lumber this week

If you need directions I can supply them for you, not sure about their prices, but their website is is pretty precise on what they charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS