Instructions for Stanley Dovetail Jig

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
I have a Stanley Power Tools dovetailing jig. I believe the model number is 82913. I purchased it from another woodworker who was downsizing his shop and activities. When I purchased it, he provided me with the instruction sheets. It was two or four pages on standard 8.5 x 11" paper.

Unfortunately, I have managed to misplace those instructions. :sad: If anyone has instructions for this model of dovetailing jig, I would GREATLY appreciate getting a copy of them.

Please let me know if you have the instructions or know someone who does.

Marvin A. Watkins

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
Marvin, hi, while i'm not familiar with this jig, if you could post a picture of it some of the other members may have similar jigs and could give you some help with it. Good luck.

phillip

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would agree with Phillip, most DT jigs work on the same principle. The big difference is thru or 1/2 blind. Show us what you've got and I bet someone can get you headed in the right direction. Dave:smile:

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
OK, here are some pics of the jig.
  • I think I have figured out the basics on how it goes together...
  • I am not sure about the real differences of the two stops in the second picture are...
  • The other thing I am not sure about is the bushing size and the dovetail bit size?
Sorry for the size of the pics. I was just trying to get them out on an unfamiliar computer. Here they are...

<<<!!! I uploaded the pics as attachments, now I am just trying to figure out where they went!!!>>>

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Attachments are not setup correctly, yet. So they probably went out into the ether;-) . Upload them into one of the Public albums or if you are going to be uploading more pictures, I acn give your own album

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I hate to say this but you might want to post on Woodnet, sawmillcreek, etc. Something like this you need a bigger audience. When you do, you can just point to the picture here

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey Marvin, thanks for posting the pictures. I am not seeing what I had hoped to help you out. Is this a older machine? If you are interested in the owners manual you might try www.owwm.com, that's a site devoted to helping people restore, & use old wood working machines. If you just want to figure out how to work the jig, maybe an overall view would help. Like I said before most DT jigs work on the same principles. If we could see the comb(guide plate), clamps and the stops, possibly we could offer more help. Thanks again for the posting. Dave e:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Marvin, I am sorry, I just saw the rest of the pictures you posted. That jig looks exactly like my PC 1/2 blind DT jig. There should be a stop on the left and right of the jig that offsets the boards. On my PC it's a 9/16" offset, that allows both the pins and the tails to be cut at once, giving you that typical half pin at the top. The most important thing is to mark all you boards with their orientation. Front, back, top and bottom so you can clamp them in the jig correctly. The guide size is probably the width of the open spaces between the comb fingers. You use a standard 8 deg. dovetail bit, and make sure that you guide is centered in the router base plate. I hope that I offered a little help. PM me if I can assist any further. Dave :)

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
Dave,

Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to experimenting with it when I have an opportunity. I am not sure if you noticed but there are actually two different threaded stop holes on the left and right. I am thinking that those may be for the different guides.

Like I said, a little experimentation should be fun (or is that frustrating?) I guess it depends on how quickly I figure it out.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those threaded holes probably are for different off-set spacers for when you might use a 1/4 box joint guide "comb". With my PC, I can buy a different bushing and guide to do other joint configurations, but my off-set spacers are adjustable, where as yours might be fixed ????? Dave:)

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
If it has "Stanley Power Tools" on it, it must be from before Stanley's power tool sellout to Bosch, which was many years ago. I agree, try OWM's database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS