Instant Gratification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Between working on new designs and making blanks for sale I sometimes forget that one of the nice things about crafting pens is the fact that is is possible to make a useful item in less than a day.
I was speaking to a vendor about this particular style of pen and that I like its' "Retro" Look. A copy of a Parker Duofold. This particular one is from PSI but I got this from Good old Fritz at Woodturningz (1888PENKITS).
The blank is Copper Acriluster.
The oval is Violet bronze acryluster and the cross is dyed PR(mixed and poured by the PR Princess.)
The components are the new rhodium collection from PSI.I think a good value because it is an upgrade plating and the components go for $7.50.
It's a nice size for a carry pen and the refill is easily(for me) extended with one hand even though it is not a click pen.

I am not pleased with the location I selected for the Cross, it should have been higher.Though it doesn't show too badly the tube should have been painted, the blank is translucent and the kit is thin walled.

Executive_acrylic_inlay_cross_001.jpg

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
If the cross is so low that the writer's fingers will be aware of it every time he/she uses it, then I guess they will be feeling a little cross with you each time they use it! :-D

Nice work.

Doug

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
I think the cross would look better a little higher also, but still a good looking pen

DaveO

New User
DaveO
one of the nice things about crafting pens is the fact that is is possible to make a useful item in less than a day.

Executive_acrylic_inlay_cross_001.jpg

You might be able to craft that in a day, it would take us lowly humans several days just to get it to look right.
I agree the cross inlay is a little to low, but you inlaid, perfectly, an oval in a day, and I would be overjoyed with that fact alone.

Dave (still trying to figure out how to do an oval inlay, repeatably and accurately :BangHead:):)

M

McRabbet

DaveO/Mike -- you mean you guys don't have one of those amazing oval drills? :rolf:

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Drilling on an angle won't cut it.
The sides would be straight.
An elongated circle.
My inlays are ovals.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Come on, guys; It's simple. Just take a round hole and squeeze it in a vise. Duh!!:rolf::rolf:

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS