Information peace of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Being a fairly private good ol boy , I am quite frankly scared to death of all this technology and access to information that is afforded in the current hi-tech world :thumbs_do
As a result I am very particular about where and when and with whom I share my personal information and do not join ' social networking " sites or anything else :crossedlips:
Some time ago NCWW asked us to share said information. promising that it would be held in the strictest of confidence beyond the up front and clearly stated uses
I reluctantly agreed but honestly not without reservation. :eusa_thin
Recently a member of our illustrious senior staff needed my address for a 3rd party in a situation that , while somewhat related to woodworking , had nothing really to do with this site. :nah:
It would have been simple enough to use their access to get this info and I would have received something in the mail and probably been none the wiser ...which makes this all the more impressive :eusa_clap
Rather than abuse their access, the individual petitioned me directly for the info , in effect getting my permission for it's use
This may not seem like a big deal to some , but to me it absolutely strengthens the trust I have put in this site for the guardianship of my personal information

Let this also help serve to ease the minds of others of you who have the same reservations .....and I know you are out there :mrgreen:

I just had to share this ....I'm pretty darned impressed :banana:

Thanx for listening :mrgreen:

Steve you have really built an awesome and trustworthy thing here :notworthy:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up Great post Robert. Thanks for the trust you have placed in the Staff of ncww.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That's good to know. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up I'd be embaressed if any of you saw my house, :embaresse but you're welcomed to stop by. :rotflm:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
That is great to hear! Oddly enough, I have been thinking about bucking the trend and changing my alias to something other than my name. It would be no reflection on the people who run the site. But if you are in the book and use your real name and location here, a whole lot of people know what you have and sometimes when you will not be there.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I would like to add that it was not me that Robert was speaking of, I just thought his post spoke volumes about our site!!

Last edited:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
That is great to hear! Oddly enough, I have been thinking about bucking the trend and changing my alias to something other than my name. It would be no reflection on the people who run the site. But if you are in the book and use your real name and location here, a whole lot of people know what you have and sometimes when you will not be there.

I've thought about that too Andy. The bigger that this site gets the more eyes that are out there. I know it's easier for others on the site if you use your real name, but......

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Although I tend to be a trusting person, giving much leeway to people (meaning I am often hurt by others when they betray said trust-but I would NOT live any other way), I still believe trust is something earned, especially if it is to be deepened beyond an associative, familiarity level.

What Robert expresses here is proof that my way of living can, and does exist in a few places. In my vocational field of sales, the worst of trust betrayal is evident on a daily basis, with both vendors and customers. Yet I refuse...REFUSE...to let a few naysayers and betrayers cause me to begin living in a way where I automatically distrust people. I cannot imagine that for me there would be any more miserable way to live.

Trust is probably the most valuable aspect of a relationship. That's what we have here. Relationships. Built over time; around mutual interests; and lived out in tangible and demonstrable ways despite VAST diversity. This is why NCWW is so much different than any other forum I've seen, and one I'm priviledged and proud to be a part of.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jerry,
I too, am trusting of people. I will do almost anything asked of me for people on this site, even if I haven't met them, and yes this is a great site. That being said, I was born in New Jersey right outside of Newark (about 300 yards) and I lived through the riots as a kid, I am not stupid enough to put myself or my family in harms way physically or fiscally. If you google my name it instantly comes up with threads that I posted to on NCWW, and that's all all there is about me. I post under the name JimmyC and google puts my real name up for everybody to see, go figure. I subscribe to other sites occasionally and don't have that problem.

So, I too am about to remove some of my information, because this is just one more way of putting info out on me that I don't need. You've got to take care of what you can and deal with the rest.

Bud McDevitt

New User
Bud
Being a new member myself, I am really happy to see that. We have folks looking out for us and the information we provide.
Great Job by everyone concerned.
Thanks
Bud:thumbs_up:wsmile:

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I've thought about that too Andy. The bigger that this site gets the more eyes that are out there. I know it's easier for others on the site if you use your real name, but......

Let's see.....JerseyJ.....CoolGiants.....YankeeJim.........AROD.......I'mfixin'tofigureoutsomethintocallmaself...You like any of these Jimmy?:banana: :pepper: :beardedbanana: :beachbanana::banana:

Bud McDevitt

New User
Bud
I fought for this Country with 2 Combat Tours in Nam. My name is Bud McDevitt. I, or anyone else should not have to change a name for fear of how big the site gets.
We are the same stock that started this Country. We are joined because we live scattered lives, however we enjoy woodworking and that seems to be the only message's I receive.
Should that change and I start noticeing---Political,Spritual,or anything else out of the ordinary flow of OUR conversations--Color me gone!

I find all of you to be Good Folks with a great sense of self as well as humor with fantastic abilities. I may never meet anyone of you but I like thinking that if I did it would be a joy.
Enough of that.
Bud McDevitt:thumbs_up

Live everyday like it could be your last.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Robert. We all have a stake in keeping private information private. For the record I was not involved but ti tip my hat to the person or people involved.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
+1
It's very refreshing to see an organization of any kind that practices the Golden Rule. I believe it isn't just practiced here, it's being perfected.
Kudos to the Moderators & Administrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS