Info for newly assigned Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Re: Moderation Drop Down Menu

Would one of you toss me a line (uh, link) on the specifics of Merge, Split, etc., Mod drop down menu? Don't worry I won't sink the site, just want to find a good read for a leisure moment and upgrade my skills. I've browsed the definitions and understand that. My interest is in How To and What Happens If. There doesn't appear to be a means to "test" without interferring with the site. I am actually pretty good at picking up this stuff 8-O

Roger (High seas hijacker)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Roger, Tom, Matt,

Roger asked for some additional guidance so I wanted to post some information. Here is a previous thread Steve put together that explains a little about when/why threads or posts should be closed, moved, split, etc.

If you guys have any questions please post them to this thread so we can all learn from them. I will also add additional information as I think of it or come across good to know stuff.

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks DL!

That's a great thread that provides a clear explanation of the guidelines. I've reviewed all of the vBulletin Moderator Control Panel Help menus that provide more in-depth info on the functions available to Moderators and found that to be helpful. (Don't worry D L, I didn't ban anyone or take you off the DQ list :lol:)

After a bit more browsing I think what I'm looking for is Useful Links info under Quick Moderator Links. There's plenty of leisure reading there to explore. The PHP manual alone should keep me busy for a coupla years 8-O

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS