Impact drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pslamp32

New User
Peter
I'm a little confused. I just ordered a new 18V Lithium Ion Impact driver and was wondering if it can be useful as a drill as well. I know my other Bosch driver is not suitable for any real drilling due to the lack of RPMs. The Makita impact driver says it has a no load RPM of 0-2300. Do I now need a dedicated drill as well? Thanks.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm a little confused. I just ordered a new 18V Lithium Ion Impact driver and was wondering if it can be useful as a drill as well. I know my other Bosch driver is not suitable for any real drilling due to the lack of RPMs. The Makita impact driver says it has a no load RPM of 0-2300. Do I now need a dedicated drill as well? Thanks.
Yes

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Definitely. And while you're at it, be sure & get some tempered screw tips. I have a Hitachi 14.4v & it'll shatter a hardened bit if you're running in long screws. I don't have much trouble with camout, and I STILL like it for running in screws, but his can be a PITA sometimes.

jerrye

New User
Jerry

I agree with the others. It's nice having the drill bit in one & the driver in the other. Although, when I did cabinet and dispenser installation for another job I had, the impact driver with a 1/4" hex masonry bit was the best thing I tried for drilling in concrete & brick.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I didn't know there was a different way to drive screws until I bought an impact wrench. Imagine getting a screw tight without wrenching your arm. I love mine and I have two other drills for drilling!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS