I'm in Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Everyone,

I'm in Utah~! Made it here yesterday the 30th to Kaysville around 5pm.

The Rockies were cake, it was mostly down hill. :eusa_danc Came through wyoming side.

Arkansas had the largest hills, but the wind helped me get up them. Kansas to Colorado was a pain, the wind kept me at 45-50mph. Then going north in Colorado I was going up big hills about 60 to 65, the wind was pushing me big time. Amazing how much the wind can affect you.

I felt at times as though I was pulling a brick house with the wind, it was just grabbing me :eusa_doh: :BangHead:

Oh and I averaged 12-13 mpg, not to bad at pulling 5,200lbs (100lbs under max)~! :banana:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I'm guessing that it's a relief to finally get there. Glad to hear that you arrived in one piece. Don't forget to send us some photos... at least of the new shop. :gar-Bi

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Matthew,

I'm glad you made it there safely. :icon_thum I know what you mean about the wind. I drive a little Honda Civic and on a really windy day it will blow you almost into the next lane. My favorite is when I'm coming up behind a big rig. Right about 100 feet behind it the car starts weaving back and forth because I'm halfway into the area of wind that the truck displaces. Fun stuff. :cool:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Trent,

I'm not sure why, but as soon as I read your note I thought of 'cavitation'... which would be in a liquid (e.g., water) rather than in the air behind a trailer. Of course, that comes from the movie Down Periscope and so has no relation to anything here... :icon_scra

dlrion

New User
Dan
Utah huh...

Only NERDS and WEIRDO'S come from Utah. Say hello to my folks while you are out there.

Dan

T

tmwassack

Hey Matthew,
When you get to Logan, try Angie's Restaurant on N Main for breakfast!

Regards,
Tom Wassack

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Glad to hear you made it safely, Matthew. Now after all that hard work loading up and driving for days on end you get to unload:gar-La; Sounds like fun...:eusa_danc

Stay in touch.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Matthew, Glad to hear that you made the trip without any problems. Now, hurry and get your education so you can get back here to North Carolina. We have many more segmented pieces to make :gar-La;

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thank goodness!

Just remember that we're here, thinking and pulling for you. Please keep us in your loop.

Barbara

cskipper

Cathy
Glad you had a safe trip. Now for the worst part - not only unloading but unpacking - ugh! I'm from OKla and lived in Nebraska for several years (yes, it was difficult - had to hide my NE license plate when in OK - lol.) The wind literally will blow vehicles over, and loads off trailers. Please stay in touch!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great to hear that you arrived safely and all of your gear(s) are intact!:gar-La;

Hope that you will post some pictures of your new digs.

You deserve a good long rest after that excursion!:icon_thum

Take care.

Wayne

Glennbear

Glenn
I am glad you arrived safely Matt :eusa_clap I would imagine you now have a greater respect for the original Utah settlers who traveled in the decidedly non aerodynamic covered wagons. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS