I'm back

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Below are a few pictures of my long last 7+ weeks. It is what is required to evict a squatter called arthritis. Still facing 6 weeks of PT but I was able to back in the shop today and cut this very simple project. The thumb is still stiff and a bit numb, but it felt very good to make saw dust again.

1717854089970.png

1717854125867.png

1717854154878.png

1717854191296.png

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Progress is progress! Glad to hear you are back at it!

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Something like this really makes you appreciate healthy hands. Hopefully, you’ll be good as new soon.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Welcome back to the shop Scott! Good to get the progress report. Take it easy though.
bobby g

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wish you well on your recovery..

Was that surgery for CMC arthritis on your thumb? Unfortunately I have a matching pair currently, after seeing your incision, maybe they don’t bother me
Yes, this was for CMC joint arthritis. Like you I have a matched pair. I am right handed but my left thumb was in the worst shape so did it first. Waiting to see how this recovery goes before thinking about doing the right. For sure I won’t do it in hot weather. The bottom picture was right after the cast came off on Thursday. It looks a whole lot better today. I was actually able to tie my shoes today for the first time since surgery. Prior to surgery I had days that they hurt so much I would wear slip ons.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Congrats Scott on getting back in the shop. Don't rush it . Wish you a speedy recovery

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Great to see you back! The recovery looks terrific, keep up with the PT and before you know it you'll be at full speed.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Hello my friend!! Glad that is behind you! As you know pt can be a bit of a struggle at times but no pain no gain.... Glad you were up to being active in your shop. Like riding a bike - but I fell the last time I got on one so use extra caution til you get your 'sea legs' back. Blessed be~

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Glad you are well on the road to recovery, Scott. Follow through and the rehab and you'll be as good as new.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS