I was wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
If any of the Scroll saw artist that can cut compound cuts or the Carver artist would like to get in on the bulk bottle stopper purchase - http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f23/bottle-stopper-bulk-purchase-update-25116/
I think I seen one of our Carvers make a stopper awhile back - With Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas coming up I think that it would be cool to see some of the pumpkins, turkeys(be nice) snowman carved out or compound cut on the SS sitting on top of one of the kits - how about it - lets do something different then what all of the others are doing - lets use our imagination and talent and get some things going :icon_thum

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Interestingly enough, the issue of Wood Carving Illustrated that just showed up the other day has an article about how to drill to put dowels in corks and carvings to make stoppers. I am one of those old fuddy duddies that doesn't care for steel and rubber instead of cork, though the symmetry does look nicer with a turned top.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: I was wondering CARVERS take note

Phillip, you raised a great point. Bottle stoppers do not need to be round. In fact some of the best ones I have even seen are carved.

PChristy

New User
Phillip

Phillip, you raised a great point. Bottle stoppers do not need to be round. In fact some of the best ones I have even seen are carved.

Yes, I would like to see some of the carvers on here do their work on some stoppers -

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy

Well, despite my earlier curmudgeon comment, there is an easy carving pattern I can point out if someone is thinking about it. The same recent issue of WCI has an owl (they call it a 5 minute owl - maybe after doing several you could get that quick) that is very "blocky". It looks nice, but the finished piece is still solid. Anyway, I think one reason for getting less response from scrollers and carvers is a lot of the stuff can't take the handling a stopper gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS