I sort of sold something I made!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Congrats on the sale!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Can't wait to see the look on your face when they send you a 1099.:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:
It sold for less than $600, so no 1099. But look on the bright side. Because he sold an item for a profit, he can deduct the costs of his tool purchases, using a schedule "C". I really think the gift certificate was a GIFT though, and not payment. Unfortunately, for the last couple days (actually nights), I have been working on my schedule "C". It is hard to believe I spent so much on tools last year. Credit card and receipts show it though. When you are self employed, tools are always on sale for a minimum of 15.35% off, plus Federal tax rate, and state tax rate. Comes out to about 50% off. Buy tools, or give it to the government. Now that is a tuff choice- yeah, right!

sawduster

New User
Robert
There is no feeling in the world like that of someone handing over hard earned cash for something you made yourself .....yes gift certs count , someone laid out actual money for that :mrgreen: You're now a per-fessional bro :eusa_danc

Congrats :icon_thum

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Hmmm -- making money. Doug, this could be just the leverage needed to justify getting more space :gar-La;

:kermit: Steve

Absolutely. I am only into woodworking for the money. My real passion is developing risk assessment software for financial statement audits.

:rolleyes:

-Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS