I need levelers for a tool stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I have put my planer on a stand and will then put it on a mobile base. There is one leg shorter than the others (cheapo stand from HF). Does anyone know where I can find some levelers such as the ones on a bandsaw, preferably locally rather than online. Have tried Lowe's, Sear's, and a couple of hardware stores. Figured if Lowe's didn't have them neither would HD.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Re: . Does anyone have be found,any ideas where they cansome leverlers for a tool s

look for cabinet levelers, in a local cabinet shop, I am sure you will find something that works!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Re: . Does anyone have be found,any ideas where they cansome leverlers for a tool s

In the past if the stand had feet I would drill a hole in the bottom of the foot and tap it to accept a carriage or regular bolt. Then use a wrench to screw it down.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Have tried Lowe's, Sear's, and a couple of hardware stores. Figured if Lowe's didn't have them neither would HD.

Did you look in the appliance dept or the county dump A lot of old appliances (dishwasher, washer, dryer......) used screw type levelers. Might be worth a shot.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
In addition to Travis's suggestion, if the base of the stand is not thick enough to tap (such as a stamped steel let), simply drill a hole through the bottom of the leg, and use a carriage bolt with a nut on each side of leg steel.

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
I have bunches of them that I got at a WW Supply sale. Just send me an e-mail or call (810-6313) and you can have some. I think they are 5/16 diameter. I live off 15-501 near the new Harris Teeter at Chatham Downs.

Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS