I may have crossed the line.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdc

New User
gilbert
earlier today my wife sent me an email from work.....she says...

Honey can you make me some wind chimes?

my answer...

sure I can but it will require a a new tool that I do not have.

I haven't heard from her since. Think maybe shes out getting me a new toy?

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
What line??? I don't see a line! Lemmie look around a minute....

Nope, definitely no line here!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
If by line you refer to the checkout line at Woodcraft or Klingspor, sounds like you are in-line!

Jim

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
This is an extremely educational website, I learn something everyday. Today, for instance, I realized that I also didn't have all of the tools necessary to make a wind chime.Thanks for the insight!:thumbs_up

Donn

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
while you are picking up the new tool remember..... summer is coming so you will need a new shop fan to TEST the new wind chime!:rotflm: if she's gonna git mad 1 tool or 2 tools isn't gonna matter all that much. may as well get the most bang for the buck....:gar-La;

DaveD

New User
Dave
Beware, you are on a very slippery slope into the realm of working with metal.
07020001a.jpg

Glennbear

Glenn
I wish you luck Gilbert, hopefully the scenario is playing out as you stated. I tend to be pragmatic and consider ALL possible outcomes, depending upon how often you have requested approval for tool purchases her silence could also indicate a negative response
trash-him.gif
:rotflm: In any case, good luck with your wind chimes and possible tool acquisition. :wsmile:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
maybe I should clarify my previous post.....:gar-Bi I call it woodworkers credo. If you buy one tool she gets mad once. If you buy several tools at the same time she gets mad once so..............YMMV and I won't be held responsible for the outcome of using this woodworkers credo. I will however send flowers or well wishes [at my discretion] as required.:rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
earlier today my wife sent me an email from work.....she says...

Honey can you make me some wind chimes?

my answer...

sure I can but it will require a a new tool that I do not have.

I haven't heard from her since. Think maybe shes out getting me a new toy?
When in doubt, repeat the WoodWorker's mantra: Everything is better with a wide belt sander.

Extrapolate to your own tool "needs" as you see fit.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
It is always better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Live by this credo and you won't miss any more tool deals. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
So, if a wind chime gets a new tool, what does a new room get? The way I figure it my wife will owe me a room full of new tools, big ones...as the room is big. Hmmm, need to work on that line....:gar-Bi

cskipper

Cathy
You guys are too funny! :rotflm: When I read the first post I guessed that she figured she could buy the wind chimes cheaper than you would buy a tool. I wouldn't be surprised if she comes home with a set.

Dragon

New User
David
You guys are too funny! :rotflm: When I read the first post I guessed that she figured she could buy the wind chimes cheaper than you would buy a tool. I wouldn't be surprised if she comes home with a set.

Let me know how you make on this deal. I've been "contemplating" on some wind chime prototypes myself and I just "may" have to requisition some new toys, er, tooling, to accomplish this monumental undertaking.

Dudelive

New User
Dude

+1

You can bet we may not hear about her buying them if she does.:rotflm:

gdc

New User
gilbert
be careful what you ask for!

she came home from work and told me that since I agreed to make her wind chimes that she went out and got me a new screw driver set. I'm thinking to myself well I have enough screwdrivers what I want is a joiner but I am not dumb enough to say that outloud,so she reaches in her pocket and yanks out an eyeglass repair kit. yup shes the winner. Now picture in your mind me walking away with my tail stuck between my legs.

she has gotten wise in her old age....gotta love her

cskipper

Cathy
:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:We do eventually catch on to the game (yes, LOML is also a wwer)

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I got a good one, fresh from this morning...

I mentioned the new tool Tim is getting (the "Am I crazy" thread). I didn't say I wanted one, just told her some of the cool things it did, how precise it was and how much it was. She immediately connected the dots and told me no way is that in our budget any time in the forseeable future. And then the conversation goes like this:

"Anyway, you guys are always using each others' tools. You could go borrow it from the guy getting one."
"He's in Charlotte." (we are in Cary)
"Well, we could take the kids down to Great Wolf Lodge for another weekend and you could go visit him."

I don't know how many of you have been to Great Wolf, but the math and logic there have me pretty baffled. Tim prolly ain't gonna let anybody touch that tool for some time, but would likely be happy to show it off. So while it is crazy for me to think the tool might be worth that much, it s completely rational to spend twice that much to watch someone else use one for a couple of hours. Aye -yi -yi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors