I Lost My Little Shop Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Lil Bit, the girl in my avatar, left us Saturday morning. At 13+ years young with epilepsy, bad spine with arthritis, one eye and a bum jaw she still had plenty of spunk and spirit.
She has been on steroids to keep her hips strong but finally reached a point that her quality of life just wasn't there.
She went to sleep in my arms getting a belly rub at the vets.
She absolutely loved being in the shop with me, first thing each morning she couldn't wait to get to the shop, and had to be shuffled out each evening when I go to the house.
Losing a pet is always tough for me, this one is the worst ever. :sad11:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ken, I have been there. I know it is a hard thing to do but you did the right thing. I am sorry for your loss.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Ken, I'm so sorry to hear of Lil Bit passing.

Knowing that she lived such a long and well loved life is the greatest gift you could have given her.

Jim

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear about Lil Bit, Ken. It is so hard to lose a cherished family member.

She is at peace in doggie heaven now.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Sorry about the lose of your loved one. Reading others posts on the lose of a 4 legged family member always pulls at my heart.

With the exception of women, there is nothing on earth so agreeable or necessary to the comfort of man as the dog. ~Edward Jesse, Anecdote of Dogs

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
Sorry for this loss in your family. It is hard to lose someone who gives you unconditional love.
James

sawduster

New User
Robert
She went to sleep in my arms getting a belly rub at the vets.
/QUOTE]

kudos to you bro for showing your love and repect by accompanying her to the door and easing her passage through it :notworthy:

That is a tough row to hoe indeed and I wish you love and strength as you deal with
the loss

Hang tough man !

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Ken,

You have my most sincere condolences. I know this hurts for you, but Lil Bit's hurt is over. Good for you, having the courage to take such good care of her.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I feel your pain because I lost my minpin, Sonny, last october after having him for 16plus years. They give us unconditional love, never talk back and yes they wait on the door step for your return. Sonny was a constant companion the last four to five years, spending many hours with me in the shop. His hearing was gone so the noise usually wasn't a problem. I have cried a many a tear over the lose of my dog only to lose my best friend, my woodworking buddy, a month ago yesterday. So as you can guess this week has been a difficult one for me. I wish you comfort in the coming weeks and months because the lose will leave a hole in your heart and a vacancy around the house. I said I would never get another dog but I am getting weak. Only those who have been where you are today can truly understand your pain. God bless you.

Just a note about my woodworking buddy, it wasn't my husband Al, he is doing just fine. BTW, he isn't a woodworking buddy, he only comes in when he is needed or to admire my handiwork.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss Ken, I know that she is in a better place waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for her master. May you find peace with your decision, for as hard as it was, It was the right one and one day together the two of you will be reunited and cross the bridge.

Brad

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am sorry to hear of your loss. She was blessed to have you as a master.

bluthart

New User
Brian
Ken - I know all too well the pain you are feeling, as I lost my beloved lab Tucked on March 25th. There are simply no words to ease your pain - just the fond memories of your pal that you obviously cared so much for. My condolences and understanding are yours...

Brian

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Ken, this is when doing the right thing doesn't make you feel any better. You filled her life with much happiness, and she returned the favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS