I got one

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Sunday we had to go to jacksonville, while there I stoped by HD as there is not one withen 30 miles of here.
While there my wife asked me about that "plane thing i wanted"
I showed her the planers, and she pointed at one and said if i wanted it to put it in the basket.
I got it mounted today and and made a trial flight.
frist i planed a hard maple board i had left from when i cut a gun stock 30 years ago:icon_thum
Then it said you could flatten a board that was cupped from side to side
so i tried it if you watch what your doing YES it will flatten one:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Now iam going to have to make a sled for boards cupped end to end and twisted boards:icon_thum
DSC01120a.jpg

DSC01121a.jpg

I can make some saw dust now:eusa_danc

Mtnman

New User
Talley Pollard
You did not tell us what brand or model planer you bought, and if you got a good buy.
I am guessing by the color it is a Makita. Am I right?

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I took the picture in a such a way that you couldnt see what kind it is.
Its the cheap one:cry: I am the po boy:crybaby2:

Its a ryobi, My ryobi BT3100 works so well, I thought if its half as good i'll be happy:icon_thum
And when I called there coustomer service they sent me a new sliding miter table free, so i thought i would go with them again.

And thats all the boss would let me spend:eusa_hand

DaveO

New User
DaveO
A cheap one is better than none, and it looks like it does a good job too.
You deserve an official You Suck!!! And you're lucky to have a wife that reminds you of the tools you want to get while shopping with you at Home Depot :-D

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Oh Boy!!!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: If only I were so lucky. (I have to sneak the new tools in the back door!)

Congrats and let the chips fly!!!!

Wayne

macdaddy

New User
Steve
I bought myself a Delta (also a cheap one) for Christmas this year. It also does a great job. I've been taking apart palets and running oak and poplar boards through it. It really surprises me just how good this junk wood turns out to be a thing of beauty. I have a picture of some short panneling I made in my photo album.

macdaddy

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Congrats on the score Earl! Must be nice not having to sneak tools in while she's not looking:eusa_whis . Oh yeah, YOU SUCK! Now get busy making some sawdust and take pics of what you did.
Take care,
Randy

MarkW

New User
Mark
Grats !, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I have had that one for about 2 years and it has worked well. So far I have had no issues with it at all.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
macdaddy said:
I bought myself a Delta (also a cheap one) for Christmas this year. It also does a great job. I've been taking apart palets and running oak and poplar boards through it. It really surprises me just how good this junk wood turns out to be a thing of beauty. I have a picture of some short panneling I made in my photo album.

macdaddy

Maybe I can find some old palets now:lol:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Earl, If you're going to use old pallets maybe your next investment should be a metal detector (as if you needed encouragement to buy another tool....:eusa_whis ). Nails can wreck you planer knives and it's cheaper to buy the detector than multiple planer knives. Just a thought.
Randy

erasmussen

New User
RAS
PappyJ said:
Earl, If you're going to use old pallets maybe your next investment should be a metal detector (as if you needed encouragement to buy another tool....:eusa_whis ). Nails can wreck you planer knives and it's cheaper to buy the detector than multiple planer knives. Just a thought.
Randy

Of course you are correct there.
If i do ever get a chance to use some old wood, i'll make dang sure there is no metal, and also make sure there is no dirt or sand, I do have a metal det.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Cool tool there Earl. I have an older model Ryobi and have not had a bit of trouble with it. I just wish I could find some spare blades for it.

D L

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I have several old palets sitting outside my store. Available to any who want them. In fact, there will be several pallets available from the remodel, too. All available to anyone who wants them. Some in better shape than others. PM for details.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
NCpete,
I will take all the palets you can get bro,,,and by the way Earl, you suck,,nice score,,keep the blades sharp. I built the wood shop plans for a portable stand with tables for my little-soon-to-be-NCpetes, portable planer. It is awsome,,planer snipe is almost gone if you adjust the tables properly. be blessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS