I few pic's of few bowls and my shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Here are a couple nested sets of bowls I am ready to finish out of the large oak burl I cored. The largest set starts at around 17" dia. and goes down. They where cored using the Oneway system. The hollow form to the right is from the same burl. It needs another month or two of drying before I can return it and finish. The next picture is of the outside of my shop. I'm finially ready to paint the outside. It has taken me two years by myself to build this shop. I only had help the day I but the trusses up and on the day of the 26' x 34' slab was poured. I still have the upstairs storage to wire and organize and it will almost all be done. I should have more time to turn.
Jack
100_1418.JPG

100_1426.JPG

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Jack those bowls are awesome, and the shop is phenominal.
PM at work and the Oneway at home. sigh.... poor guy - how DO you manage???

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks. Andy, Having nice lathes at work and home makes for some fun time at the lathe. I'm hoping that my 6 year old son takes to turning when he is old enough. I gave him a small handsaw for Christmas and he has cut up 100 piece's of scrape wood while I was working on the shop. He helped me hold one end of the siding while I started the first board on my shop. Building this shop with him looking on has been great for him and me. He nailed a couple hundred nails in the sole plate of the walls as well. I am looking forward to working in the shop more than on it.
Jack

M

McRabbet

Beautiful bowls, Jack and a marvelous looking shop. You're gotten the hardest part done and can devote more time to teaching both at school and at home. Congratulations on jobs so well done.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
You're killing me! I gotta wait to see how the finish accents the beauty of those bowls. :XXfridge:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS