I couldn't help but dumpster dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
These boards were in the dumpster. I couldn't help myself. I looked and said "honey.... I'm going in!". She encouraged me.
Any idea as to the species?
I do.
Its rosewood.
It was packaging. Nailed to make part of a crate.
I didn't show the other things we pulled out.
Just a little bit of quarter sawn white oak, mahogany, and a few that I really don't know what they are. One man's trash....
The widest board, after trimming, is about 10" about 6' long.
The narrowest is about 5" about 5' long. Shortest is a little over 4' and 9" wide.
When I ripped them, I trimmed enough for some pen blanks... since they had to be trimmed anyhow:gar-Bi
didn't REALLY hurt the width too much......:nah:

he dives, he scores :eusa_danc:icon_chee

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Here are your pics:

(Nice Score!)

beforeandafter3.JPG

trashboards3.JPG

trashboardsclean.JPG

Truly these are beauties!!! Make sure to use a metal detector before cutting them.

Doug

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Thank you Douglas!
I knew some of you non-computer-impaired people could (and hopefully would) step in!!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Pretty boards. Doug you are quick, I was trying to add photos at the same time.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice score, Andrew!:thumbs_up Can't say I blame you diving for those...now, whisper the location of that dumpster, so only you and me will know. Shhhh

GeorgeL

New User
George
Andrew,

That is some beautiful wood. I'm sure it will make some gorgeous pens. Try cutting a piece or two cross-grain for a unique look.

George

sapwood

New User
Roger
Andrew, a treasure worth the dive :icon_thum
Awesome find and obviously you have sharp eyes!

Roger

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Whoohoo, free wood! Better not let DaveO see it, free wood is his favorite :)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
On this website, dumpster diving should be an Olympic event! You'd have your 2 meter board for the 8 yard boxes, then your 10 meter high dive for the big 30 yard roll offs.:rotflm:
Finding it alongside the road on trash day would be just a dive off the edge.
BTW, good lookin' wood!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Great score Andrew :icon_thum All that I can find in the dumpster IS another mans trash - :tinysmile_tongue_t:

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I have been a dumpster diver along with my husband for years but you take the cake with this find. Congratulations, we all look forward to seeing you creation.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Man O Man ......my 2 favorite kinds of wood . Purdy wood and free wood :gar-La;
Awesome score man ....you rock :icon_thum

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
:embarrassed: I thought it was a good day I happened to find decent pine on a pallet. I should ask my supervisor to start screening vendors by the quality of their pallets.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Excellent! I keep misidentifying wood in the rough and coming home all happy with some junk that turns out to be just that... So, where in the heck did you find a rosewood crate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS