Humble thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I generally save my deepest emotions and opinions for private conversations with my dog but I have to make an exception this time :mrgreen:

I was not handling this b-day very well :nah: A year closer to my mortality at such a time when my life is so good and surrounded by so many friends has , to be honest , kicked my butt just a bit :sad11:
I got up this morning in a somber mood , looking forward to lunch with everyone, but not kick-up-your-heels happy about greeting the day.
Got to the GC and got handed balloons, a cool hat and card by a pretty little princess, went inside and found myself surrounded by laughter , fellowship, good food and excellent conversation. People came from work, drove with sore backs from out of state, took long lunches and all manner of sacrifices to be part of it. those who couldn't make it took time to type their sincere greetings and I even got a cyber-hug :eusa_danc
What started as a simple planer delivery turned into one of the best b-days I've had in a long time :icon_thum Gloats will be posted tomorrow :mrgreen:
You folks are " all that and a bag of chips " and I am one grateful ol redneck for the chance to be part of your lives and you mine

Thanx everyone for making a difference in this crusty old man's life :eusa_clap

OK, enough of the sniffly stuff ......

b-day.jpg

Thanx everyone

img%5D

img%5D

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
A very deserving recipient of the friendships of NCWW. And I am so glad I took a vacation day today!! And thank you so much for what you did for me:notworthy::notworthy:

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Robert,

I figured out why you are such a big guy. You have to be to hold that heart of yours. I enjoyed seeing you again, especially considering we were at your birthday celebration. I know I don't contribute much here, but to be allowed to be part of your day, with and within this community, is a great honor.

Thanks for sharing your heart with us; this community of friends and neighbors who hold you in our hearts.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Robert, thank you so much for your presence on this site. Your work is second to none and your posts are always so kind-hearted and insightful. Thanks so much for being you. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Not to mention, that is the coolest photo I've ever seen in my life! :eek::cool::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Cheers to another year young, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

FuzzWuzz16

New User
Jim Fossler
Robert,
Welcome to the better side of 50! I found that the side you're on is the better side! I will tell you that my 50's far surpassed all my other decade. I sincerely hope you enjoy it as much as I did, even though you entered apprehensively.

Belated Happy Birthday!
Jim

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Robert there is a saying - "You're known by the friends you keep" and knowing you has made my life a good bit better. You're a really genuine person who has done many things to please, help, console others with no reward to yourself, other than the pleasure of seeing somebody smile and occasionally cry. I am really glad that I could be there to celebrate your planer acquisition and your Birthday too. And even on "your day" your generosity never ceases. Thank you for the air compressor you donated to RFA, they will always be fully inflated because of you.

Dave:)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I generally save my deepest emotions and opinions for private conversations with my dog but I have to make an exception this time :mrgreen:

I was not handling this b-day very well :nah: A year closer to my mortality at such a time when my life is so good and surrounded by so many friends has , to be honest , kicked my butt just a bit :sad11:
I got up this morning in a somber mood , looking forward to lunch with everyone, but not kick-up-your-heels happy about greeting the day.
Got to the GC and got handed balloons, a cool hat and card by a pretty little princess, went inside and found myself surrounded by laughter , fellowship, good food and excellent conversation. People came from work, drove with sore backs from out of state, took long lunches and all manner of sacrifices to be part of it. those who couldn't make it took time to type their sincere greetings and I even got a cyber-hug :eusa_danc
What started as a simple planer delivery turned into one of the best b-days I've had in a long time :icon_thum Gloats will be posted tomorrow :mrgreen:
You folks are " all that and a bag of chips " and I am one grateful ol redneck for the chance to be part of your lives and you mine

Thanx everyone for making a difference in this crusty old man's life :eusa_clap

OK, enough of the sniffly stuff ......

b-day.jpg

Thanx everyone

img%5D

img%5D

Robert - I really don't know what to say other than that is perhaps the wisest and most humbling thing I have heard anyone say in a long long time. I think you got it, I really do.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Bro: It was truly a great day for me too. We need to do more of this kind of thing.

You are one of the most generous, giving, and caring "runts" that I know of anywhere. I value our friendship greatly.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: God bless and keep you and yours.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Words of wisdom Robert. As for feeling old...the twinkle in your eye when there's lumber involved tells me otherwise! Whatever the mirror may tell you, you're just a happy 8-year old kid in the playground.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Words of wisdom Robert. As for feeling old...the twinkle in your eye when there's lumber involved tells me otherwise! Whatever the mirror may tell you, you're just a happy 8-year old kid in the playground.

Ain't that the truth :thumbs_up

b4man

New User
Barbara
"Thanx everyone for making a difference in this crusty old man's life :eusa_clap"

Honey, the only thing about you that's crusty are those elbow's:elvis:
A little pumice and cold cream will fix that right up:gar-La; you know, like French polishing?:rotflm:

Seriously, every single thing said here is echoed 10 times over from me. Plus something not yet said....you are adorable:icon_thum

yours truly,

sawduster

New User
Robert
"Thanx everyone for making a difference in this crusty old man's life :eusa_clap"

Honey, the only thing about you that's crusty are those elbow's:elvis:
A little pumice and cold cream will fix that right up:gar-La; you know, like French polishing?:rotflm:

Seriously, every single thing said here is echoed 10 times over from me. Plus something not yet said....you are adorable:icon_thum

yours truly,

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

You are a certified hoot !! :slap:

Sorry, but until they make a lotion that smells like fried chicken, t-bone steak, sawdust or motor oil instead of flowers, I will always have hand , knee and elbow issues :banana:

Thanx everyone for the kind words .....I am speechless :embaresse

....for that , The Shoppe Widow thanx you :mrgreen:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Aaahh! So that's what a happy artist looks like :icon_thum
I'm thinking you deserved every moment!

Roger

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
well geeze big guy if thats all it takes you are welcome to see the princess anytime you please!:gar-La; glad to be able to brighten your day!:icon_thum
BTW in a few days I may have another scrap pile for ya ta plunder......

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Robert, like I told my late mother, "If you wake up and feel like an 18 year old, go find yourself one!"

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

You are a certified hoot !! :slap:

Sorry, but until they make a lotion that smells like fried chicken, t-bone steak, sawdust or motor oil instead of flowers, I will always have hand , knee and elbow issues :banana:

Thanx everyone for the kind words .....I am speechless :embaresse

....for that , The Shoppe Widow thanx you :mrgreen:

And I thought I was the only one who thought that way. They need to do something about that stinky lotion. New business potential - Walnut / Pine / Beech scented oil for wood workers, well maybe not.

JohnW

New User
John
Happy Birthday Robert.

From yet another that has been touched by your generosity and talent.

By the way...50 ain't so bad. Just wait till you hit 51!!! Then 52....and 53....

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Robert,
I was hoping to be there today but had to go to the doctors. But if it is not to late I want to wish you a very happy birthday and hope you have many more. With a mug shot like that they will never find you at 55. You can say you are a standout in any crowd. Hope you enjoyed the big 50 but not as much as those who think highly of you and they are called your friends. Happy Birthday Robert and God Bless! Terry

:icon_cheers:new_birth:eek:ccasion1:banana:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
"Lord, it's hard to be humble..." :rotflm:

And just remeber what I related to you at lunch:

When I turned 50, a friend told me "You know, 50 is the new 30". I thought about that and it made sense; most of us still have good health and many years ahead at 50; you can still make big plans and probably see them through. But then he added "that's because people used to die in their 30s" :eek: It's a joke, of course. I choose to believe the first half of it. We have a long way to go brother...

I am glad you feel better about it. It's just another mile marker and we're still on the road, have a full tank of gas, it's dark and we have our sunglasses on (obligatory guy movie reference)... :rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS