How Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
How long has it been since we had to really moderate any post or thread? Steve moderated a couple in the corporate member threads, but other than that, the members have been behaving top notch. Just a thought, but I think we have an outstanding group of users here. I think we need to thank them, or will that open the proverbial can of worms?? I spend little time on the other WoodWorking forums because of their lack of moderation and general guidelines.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I was wondering about that myself. Only thing I've done is move two threads to other forums.

I'd be worried bout stirring up trouble, but it'd be nice to pat folks on the virtual back too.

Jim

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
The only moderation I've had to do were a few posts in the Corporation forum.

I agree, it seems like everyone has been minding their P's and Q's.

I'm scared of opening the can of worms too, maybe we should wait until after the BoD elections.

TracyP

Tracy
I was wondering about that myself. Only thing I've done is move two threads to other forums.

I'd be worried bout stirring up trouble, but it'd be nice to pat folks on the virtual back too.

Jim
By the way, I LOVE your new avatar. Probably my favorite avatar so far:rotflm::rotflm:

TracyP

Tracy
The only moderation I've had to do were a few posts in the Corporation forum.

I agree, it seems like everyone has been minding their P's and Q's.

I'm scared of opening the can of worms too, maybe we should wait until after the BoD elections.

I thought about that too.

M

McRabbet

As I let ScottM and DaveO know, on May 3rd, I deleted the "Origins of Swine Flu" thread by Dragon in its entirety after three posts as it was in violation of our Policy from the onset. Here's what I sent him in a PM:
Unfortunatley, I had to delete your post because it violates our policy. I trust you understand; I would have deleted it notwithstanding who posted it. Originally Posted by Dragon
My daughter told me joke over the weekend and I hope it doesn't offend anyone here. If so, mods please remove it.

Folks once said when asked the question, "Will we ever have a black president?" The answer was, "When pigs fly."

Well, now we have a black president and swine flu.:gar-La;

I try not to look for offense in things but for the humor in everything.
In response to your Post (as quoted above) in the Possible origin of swine flu? thread:

TracyP

Tracy
As I let ScottM and DaveO know, on May 3rd, I deleted the "Origins of Swine Flu" thread by Dragon in its entirety after three posts as it was in violation of our Policy from the onset. Here's what I sent him in a PM:

How did I miss that one, Only thing I can think of is I have been playing major catch up since my vacation. It is amazing how far five days can put you behind.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Yes, things have been pretty quiet, which has been good for morale. But thanking people for that...isn't that like saying "thanks for not speeding"?

cskipper

Cathy
I think you'll find you the need to moderate increases dramatically when we are working with new moderators. That is in no way meant to criticize the new folks, it's more like the herd smells fresh blood, if you know what I mean. I wouldn't say anything about it being quiet - it will serve as a reminder to our favorite few that it's time to stir the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS