Hobbyist from Holly Springs

booz11

New User
Jon
Hi everyone! I’ve been a lurker on this web site for some time, and finally took the plunge in joining (admittedly to potentially scoop up a future deal on a 14” bandsaw). I’m a hobbyist out of holly springs working out of half a two car garage where the borders of my territory are constantly challenged by my kids’ various sporting equipment, scooters, and bikes. Apart from the ongoing war for floor space, I enjoy the challenge of making otherwise unaffordable furniture my wife wants around the house. Woodworking is one of my preferred getaways from my day job which has me in front of a computer screen 40 hours a week. Looking forward to making some contacts and getting insights from the experts around me!

-Jon

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Jon,
We are glad you found us, BTW, that fight never ends...
I still can't understand why my wife thinks that space is a great place to put a car!!!:rolleyes:

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I hope you are able to find your bandsaw, from time to time you can find some excellent deals on good tools on this site; welcome!

booz11

New User
Jon
I hope you are able to find your bandsaw, from time to time you can find some excellent deals on good tools on this site; welcome!
thanks, missed out on a rikon not too long ago due to not being a member so I decided I didn’t want to miss out on the next one!

JoeSkinner

Joe
Senior User
Welcome Jon. I too spend all my days in front of a screen doing technical work, it is so nice to get in the shop and work with my hands. I'm not far from HS if you need anything.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Welcome Jon, I'm in Holly Springs as well, trying to get back into the hobby again myself, I had planned on doing some work this weekend but it actually got cold. I'm also one of those sitting in front of a computer, but ends up being more like 60+ hours a week, but not all work :)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS