hinge mortise jig recommendation?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
About 8 years ago I replaced 13 interior hard core doors in the house. I had to do around 36 motives for the hinges. I found the Hinge Mate jig made the job very easy.

Made of a good quality aluminum, it proved to be very accurate and easy to setup for variable sizes of mortices.

Not sure of your location, but you are welcome to borrow mine at any time. (I am in Cary.)

Wayne

Whitfield

Wells T.
User
Great to know. Thanks for the tip, Wayne. And for the gracious offer to borrow yours, but I never miss a chance to buy a new tool.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Depending on how many different applications you need this, they are simple to make. I have made several over the years. YMMV if you need to do many different doors.

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
About 8 years ago I replaced 13 interior hard core doors in the house. I had to do around 36 motives for the hinges. I found the Hinge Mate jig made the job very easy.

Made of a good quality aluminum, it proved to be very accurate and easy to setup for variable sizes of mortices.

Not sure of your location, but you are welcome to borrow mine at any time. (I am in Cary.)

Wayne
I clicked on the link. Woodcraft says it is currently unavailable, so who knows what that means--6 weeks or forever. We need other recommendations.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS