High Ceilings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am getting ready to offer some "top of the line" 6 tube T5 HO fixtures, but they must be installed at 12' or higher as they output over 31,000 lumens. I would like to know how many of our members have shop ceilings 12' or higher. Please reply with your height
thanks

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
One of those would have been great in my old shop 16' peak, but the new place is only 9 so no good for me. These sound like a great thing for some of our members. :icon_thum

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
31,000 lumens ?!? I could light my shop..by installing them in Scott's workshop.
Drogar-Laugh%28DBG%29.gif

-Mark (only 9'-10' ceilings here).

Glennbear

Glenn
I only have an 8' ceiling so not workable for me. My curiosity was piqued however, is the 12' height requirement for effective light distribution or because of UV harm danger ? I know that some lighting systems because of UV danger MUST be used in a high bay installation. :wsmile:

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Only 9' in my shop.

Those lights would turn my shop into a big tanning booth. :widea:

manfre

New User
Manfre
I only have an 8' ceiling so not workable for me. My curiosity was piqued however, is the 12' height requirement for effective light distribution or because of UV harm danger ? I know that some lighting systems because of UV danger MUST be used in a high bay installation. :wsmile:
Just set up a little kid's pool in the shop and relax under the rays after a hard day of making dust.

wayne

New User
wayne
Phil

I've got scissor trusses with 15' in the center and could use a center row of lights. If there's enough to go around I would like to have 2-3.

Wayne

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
8' ceilings and I wish they were higher, but I love the fact that I have a shop. 8' is better than 0!

Henry W

Warren46

New User
Warren
I have 10' ceilings in the shop. I will need to upgrade my lighting at some time. Sounds like your fixtures will not work for me.

Warren

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
12' two car garage for me, I have a total of 8 T5 HO bulbs (across three fixtures) and could use 20 more. :)

There's no such thing as two much light, but you want to make any lighting you have is even or you'll end up with dark/light zones that make your pupils constantly adjust so that it is hard to see. With a fixture like you have, it could wall mount near the ceiling it so the light goes up, bouncing off the ceiling and back down in a nice even pattern. This assumes that you have a finished white ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors