Hi new member from Bahama

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpaup

New User
JP
Greetings,

I first found this site researching on woodworking tools and became intrigued by the community and dialogue I found here. I began my recent interest in working with wood while sitting outside in my screened pavillion whittling on pieces of firewood. Next thing you know I had made a salad serving set, spoons, and some totally new pieces of my own (like a long scraper for getting mayonaise out of the bottom of a jar). This whittling evolved to where I added a little bandsaw to rough out the shapes before carving on them. This lead to a chop saw for various DIY projects. And now my most recent addition of a StopSaw contractor table saw. I must be hooked! From what I have read here, I am in good company.

My wife Kate and I live on 4 acres overlooking the Little River in North Durham County. My shop is forming up in our detached 3 car garage. Being a novice to working with power tools, I really enjoy reading so many of the postings I have found here. I look forward to joining in the new member chat this evening.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site J. P.! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm glad that you have discovered woodworking and this community. :eek:ccasion1 Whittling is something that I haven't done much of, but hope to do sometime. Please share some pictures of your work, it sounds awesome. And I look forward to chatting with you tonight. :icon_thum

My shop is forming up in our detached 3 car garage.

You are a lucky man! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

(like a long scraper for getting mayonaise out of the bottom of a jar).

Now, that is something that at least for me, would be VERY useful. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hello JP,

Welcome to our wood pile. Glad you found us and decided to join in. Like Trent said, feel free to post a few photos of your work. We do love our photos here.

James Davis

New User
James Davis
Hello JP, I am envious of you having a place with a water feature. Would like to see pics of your work. I am just up the road a ways.

James

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Welcome JP! Great to have you. I live not to far away in N. Durham (city) just on the south bank of the Eno...

Travis

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, JP!:icon_cheers

I am sure that you will find the site educational, amusing and extremely informative. We do enjoy seeing pictures of both WIP as well as completed projects by our members.

Stay safe and have fun. Looking forward to your future posts.:icon_thum

Wayne

algustaf

New User
Al
I too am in N. Durham and am still trying to get my shop together. I think all of us N. Durham WW's should try to get together and do a mini-crawl sometime. I know additionally that Rich lurkes around here too. Welcome to the site. I am myself more of a lurker but will occasionally post.

AL

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I too am in N. Durham and am still trying to get my shop together. I think all of us N. Durham WW's should try to get together and do a mini-crawl sometime. I know additionally that Rich lurkes around here too. Welcome to the site. I am myself more of a lurker but will occasionally post.

AL

This is a great idea Al! Thanks for volunteering to organize this!!!! :gar-La; I'm in, it would give me a good reason to clean up my shop.

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors